Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yep... the sync feature on DM 7 is a steaming pile of crap. I'm having problems with the address book too! I'm going back to v. 6...
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 02-21-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same!
    Storm 9530 -> Pearl 9100 -> Torch 9860
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    PIN
    EALECTOMY epidemic apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat665 View Post
    Yep... the sync feature on DM 7 is a steaming pile of crap. I'm having problems with the address book too! I'm going back to v. 6...
    What's going on with your address book?
    SHOStock 2 v2.2.2
    CrackBerry Genius

Well, the issue of spreading all day events across 2 days on the BB came up. So, I decided to drop back to 6.1.

I noticed that AT&T no longer offers DM 7 on their BB software page. And, while they previously only had an older DM 6.0, they now have 6.1.

When I finally got around to running DM at home, it was after this whole thing blew up. It never gave me an "update available" notification. RIM totally pulled it. Must be a pretty big deal if the fix is taking this long.
    Last edited by joeldf; 02-24-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry DM 7 Synch hang/bug

I have read all the entiries in the forum for this DM 7 hang problem so I think I am as current as I can be on how to handle the issue. I have a Storm running the 5.x OS with its latest update. No beta software, no hacked software just plain vanilla BB. I installed the 7.0 upgrade to DM as I had several problems with the 6.0 and 6.1 versions that was supposed to be fixed in 7.0. I am using Windows 7 64 bit and Outlook 2007. All standard "stuff". I use my BB to remind me of upcoming appointments, meetings and tasks. Well, I am one of those that now has the hang problem with DM. I have let it run for over 2 hours with no sign of progress or chance of completion. I suppose I will take my laptop home this weekend and let it set for two days to make sure it really is in a hung state and not just slow.

I find it interesting that RIM pulled the 7.0 update but made no comment about the problem, at least that I can find on their web site. Part of my problem with DM 7 is that DM will not allow me to change the configuration unless my phone is attached and when I attach it then it automatically updates the calendar which hangs so I cannot make a backup before going back to the older version. I can't change the setting to not do a two way synch or anything else. My only solution will be to uninstall, get the 6.1 version and reinstall it. Without a backup of the phone, I am not sure if I will have to get all the app's I have downloaded and installed and re-install them or not. Just a few unkowns in the current state. That also leaves me with the bug in 6.1 that made me want to update to a newer version.

Given the bugs I have found in DM over tha last few releases coupled with my job (I am a software developer) makes me ask who does the development and testing for RIM? With very little effort, I have been able to isolate the root cause of my problems and make them reproducable pretty much on demand. Some are rather significant issues that are easlity reproduced in a standard office environment so there seems to be very little effort put into integration testing by RIM.

Well, all I have to do is get another month or two out of my BB and then I will switch to a different phone. I will never get another BB phone or Pad even if they are free. How does a company go from the only game in town to a misable last place in terms of quality, software apps and user features in just a few short years??
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333C7BEE

Anybody heard any news regarding fixes for DM7? Updates on the way?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Was there ever an answer? I'm just about to uninstall DM7 as I'm having the calendar sync issue. It's bad enough that you can't directly sync a BB with the PB calendar. Not being able to do something as simple as synchronization with Outlook is beyond irritating.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    333C7BEE

Well I had moved back to BBDM 6 because of the issues. There was a recent release of a different version of BBDM 7 from Blackberry BETA-ZONE. I just installed that a few days ago and so far its working fine, not having the same problems I had with the release of BBDM 7 several weeks ago. You might give that a try if you have access to BETA-ZONE
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm back to DM6.1, which works fine with my 9800 but won't let me move files around between my PB and PC.

Grrr.

Not in Beta zone.
    Last edited by whitbags; 04-27-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12