Ok...so RIM releases what is supposed to be an official version of DM6...I go to download it from Blackberry.com. First it takes forever...dial-up speeds !!!! Surely they can do better than that. So I wait and finally it finishes... I double click the zip file and what happens? I get an install of Norton security instead of DM6 ???? WTF RIM ???? How can this happen from their official site ???
    08-10-10 01:24 PM
    Not sure what happened with your download. Mine came down at 800K per seconds. Took 1 minute to download.
    08-10-10 01:29 PM
    mine is slow too, probably because a ton of people are all trying to get it right now
    08-10-10 02:15 PM
    Hey maddog241 it happened to me too....drove me crazy........but i did the update thru the dm5 thats curently on my pc..........and it works thru there
    08-10-10 02:56 PM
    I would assume that when CB blogged it the servers got hit hard.
    08-10-10 03:30 PM
    I can understand to some extent the slow download. I get it that the servers were probably busy, but getting a completely different program than what was supposed to happen ? That's just messed up. There is no way that a huge corporation like RIM should allow that to happen.

Thank you Reverepats. I was able to do the update through the current DM. Now I need a fresh download for my laptop...I hope they fixed the issues.
    08-10-10 03:57 PM
    Just downloaded and installed DM6 from RIM�s official site. The App I downloaded was the correct one... Download speed was steady at 300kb.

Very weird what happened to you... downloading the wrong file...
    Could it be spyware in your PC?... I don�t know.. RIM�s servers are taking well the banging of vast numbers of users downloading DM6.
    08-10-10 04:06 PM
    For some reason, after I downloaded it, it won't sync my organizer data. I click "configure settings" and it doesn't open up the options to check. Anyone else have this problem?
    Mmmm, make sure your device is connected via USB. Some of the configuration options cannot be set until you connect your BB.
    08-10-10 04:29 PM
    Well, I was able to get a correct download and install for my laptop. I guess whatever issues they were having have been resolved. It was very odd but I was not the only one who ended up with something else while trying to download the DM. And I just scanned my machine with 2 different malware and spyware programs this morning so I know it was clean. Very odd....
    08-10-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD