I installed a fresh copy of DM 6 and when I go to setup the organizer sync, the memo, tasks, and calendar setup without incident.........all are being synced to MS Outlook

Seems as though the Address Book sync continues to say (not installed) even after setting it up numerous times.

My first inclination was that it may be my laptop at work, but after installing DM 6 on my home computer and having the same thing happen I'm guessing its something on my phone?

Can anyone help me with this............. running the latest BB Tour OS, build 983 i think
    Last edited by aelorah; 11-30-10 at 07:49 PM.
    11-30-10 07:45 PM
    It's possible you have your Address Book set to: Wireless Sync=On in your Options. That would keep DM from being able to sync it.
    12-01-10 10:46 AM
    When I go into my contacts and then options, the "wireless synchronization" dialog box does not give me any options............it only says "not available"
    12-01-10 10:52 AM
    Well, scratch that one. I was just trying to eliminate a gotcha that got me once. I'm not sure what's going on then. Did you install your DM direct from RIM?
    12-01-10 11:02 AM
    I have the same issue.
    12-02-10 11:33 PM
    Others have had success by rolling back to a previous version of DM. Not an elegant solution, but it may get up and running again.
    12-03-10 07:19 AM
    Same problem as the above. gmail syncs wirelessly. I do not like this setup but I see no other choice.
    12-28-10 09:07 PM
    Your not going to like hearing this. Have it happened to me after software update.

Backup your device completely
    security wipe
    reset sync options
    reconfigure sync for 1 way from outlook to device
    sync
    reset configuration for 2 way sync

To Test, add a test contact or cal entry on the device and add 1 in Outlook. Named according to the source.
    Sync again to make sure both entries go in the other respective application
    delete the original from device and outlook
    Sync again to make sure updates are going in both directions

Let me know if that works.

A long process I know, but darn thankful I spoke with em for my issue.

I should also mention that BlackBerry, RIM, would be very interested in gathering device logs before you do any work rounds to try and figure out exactly what is the "root cause" of the issue being experienced.

As you can see, you are not alone in this.
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 12-29-10 at 08:12 AM.
    12-29-10 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD