Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default DM Won't Update my Torch

I have DM version 6.1.0.35 running on my Win7 64 bit laptop. It will sync my 9800 Torch without problems.

My problem is that it won't install device updates. It goes through the backup process and then fails during the install. I am trying to update to 6.0 bundle 2647. I tried an older update version though, and still get the result shown in the attached screen clip. Clicking retry yields the same result every time.

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DM Won't Update my Torch-capture4.jpg  
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    65,308 Global Posts

You do have the new OS installed on your computer? It looks like it's looking for the OS online. Try using loader instead of dm. If you don't know how just search for loader.exe.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks, I tried the loader procedure described here. http://forums.crackberry.com/general...er-exe-574814/

Not sure why, but it didn't download or change anything, so I'm currently downloading the OS OTA.