Ok, so I know this is problematic: Unlocked Storm from Verizon, using my TMobile SIM. All functions work well -phone read my SIM and my SD and I receive/send emails, sms txts, browser, everything works EXCEPT I cannot get my computer or DM to recognize my phone. Went thru RIM tech support, downloaded 5.0 DM - - problem: when I plug UBS in, I constantly get a windows message (USB is malfunctioning....."), uninstalled drivers, re installed, etc. Just wondering if there's anyone who's experienced this problem and has found a fix other than swithching carriers.....HELP!
    travis
    Houston Jones - High Octane Americana Music
    07-30-09 03:37 PM
    try doing a device wipe and reinstalling the os that helped me a couple times or reboot your computer see if that helps out
    07-30-09 03:56 PM
    Getting the phone to connect to your computer / desktop manager has absolutely nothing to do with what carrier you're with.

I would try a different USB port, quit using a hub if you are, maybe try a different cable...
    07-30-09 03:56 PM
    but it is definately due to the carrier
    07-30-09 03:57 PM
    but it is definately due to the carrier
    You do realize how silly this is, right? right??!?!?!

The OP said they were having trouble getting the computer and DM to recognize the phone. What possibly would this have to do with the carrier the phone is attached to? This is a hardware issue, pure and simple. You can try rebooting the PC, reinstalling DM, reinstalling USB drivers...

But I repeat, this has nothing to do with what carrier the phone is attached to.
    07-31-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD