I'm having issues with the DM removing and downgrading apps.

I upgraded AIM OTA and I have the new BBM 5. When I try to remove/add other apps via desktop manager it tries to remove AIM and BBM 5. When I check the box for AIM it then tries to downgrade it.

Also at one point I tried making themes. I uploaded 3 test themes to see how they worked on my BB. Now I don't know how to remove them. They show up in my themes list but not the apps list on the BB or DM.
    12-11-09 04:11 AM
    **** bump****
    12-11-09 06:03 AM
    Any suggestions?.....
    12-11-09 01:45 PM
    I hate when Desktop Manager does or tries to do that. There should be an option "LEAVE IT ALONE!"

I can only suggest a method that I have not tried. I think you might attempt to either remove the old COD files from the folder where they are installed when you install your OS to your computer and/or replace the cod files with the ones now on your phone. BBSAK (google it) can grab cod files from your phone and save them to your computer. But, again, it would be an experiment.

I would like to see some suggestions on how to avoid this stupid DM behavior, too.
    12-12-09 06:45 PM
    I hate when Desktop Manager does or tries to do that. There should be an option "LEAVE IT ALONE!"

I can only suggest a method that I have not tried. I think you might attempt to either remove the old COD files from the folder where they are installed when you install your OS to your computer and/or replace the cod files with the ones now on your phone. BBSAK (google it) can grab cod files from your phone and save them to your computer. But, again, it would be an experiment.

I would like to see some suggestions on how to avoid this stupid DM behavior, too.
    Thats a good idea I will try that a little later and report back.......
    12-12-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD