Hi all, newbe to forum.

Have the new bold and was able to connect to DM previously with no problems. Recently I keep getting disconnected error message from the DM (v4.7). It reconnises that I am online and active device PIN but "NONE" under connected device.

I have done a complete CLEAN uninstall of all BB software and roxio media software from PC using other thread instructions, and reinstalled latest v4.7 again. Also tried numerous battery pulls to see if picks up connection, used various usb ports on PC (also cables) all to no avail. I have also tried using crackutil but it just hands on OS and then fails.

The phone appears to work fine and is connected to BES. I have installed a number of 3rd party app and noticed a memory leak recently but after deleting some unwanted app/games/languages etc am currently around the 30mb range (was going as low as 11mb).

I have tried all above on 2 XP prof PC's and also hm VISTA PC with same results.

any suggestions on helping PC to recognise handheld?
    Bold 9000
    Platform 4.0.0.155
    OS 4.6.0.162

Would prefer not to have to competley wipe handheld if possible or install beta OS other than current latest vodafone supported OS.
    04-14-09 03:57 AM
    Use DM 4.6, not 4.7. 4.7 seems to have issues with the Bold.

Give that a shot and see what happens.

Chris
    04-14-09 04:04 AM
    Thanks for quick reply. Will try as suggested. 4.6 was the original version I had installed befor eupgrading to the 4.7 so maybe something in that. now for the tedious uninstall again!!
    04-14-09 04:11 AM
    Hopefully it works for you. If not, you can always try getting the USB drivers off of my website too. Let us know what happens.

Chris
    04-14-09 04:24 AM
    Hi Chris - happy to say reverting to v4.6 did the trick and both DM and crackutil now work on XP PC. Thanks for that.

Only issue now is that I am unable to do a backup - fails at "clock options" for some reason. I have tried the cleaning browser cache etc with no luck.
    04-15-09 02:05 AM
    after i unbranded, i lost connection with my Bold and it wouldnt connect. i agree, use DM 4.6, thats what i use. and if you still have connection problems, try rebooting your computer to reload drivers. but glad to see it all worked out. i was freaking when i was in the middle of unbranding, no OS loaded and my PC wouldnt connect to the Bold.
    04-15-09 02:11 AM
    Hi Chris - happy to say reverting to v4.6 did the trick and both DM and crackutil now work on XP PC. Thanks for that.

Only issue now is that I am unable to do a backup - fails at "clock options" for some reason. I have tried the cleaning browser cache etc with no luck.
    Try clearing the event log as well. Press Alt + LGLG for the Event Log. You may also have to delete some emails with huge attachments. If you have too many alarms set, try removing some of them and see whether it works !
    04-15-09 02:43 AM
    tried clean all cache again and battery pull - no go.

found that by doing advanced backup and restore and selecting each item that it was indeed "browser data cache" and "browser messages" which failed. all others succeeded without issue so unsure why was stopping at clock ptions previously.

for my info when you "clear " something does it delete the selected items only when i did so for eg. "map locations" it was originally 4 but after clean showed 2 records?

thanks to all for help.
    04-15-09 03:31 AM
    I really hate the blackberry desktop...Something taht sure needs updating on Blackberrys.
    04-15-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD