I am running XPsp3, Desktop manager 4.7.0.32, and syncing via Bluetooth perfectly fine with my 8900. However, when I walk away, out of range of the bluetooth, then return, it always prompts to sync to the device.

Is there any way to disable this prompt, and have it automatically sync to the 8900 instead of having to answer the yes/no prompt every time?

Thanks in advance.

8900 code at 4.6.1.152 if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by haxit; 02-26-09 at 09:14 AM.
    02-26-09 08:56 AM
    My only bluetooth experience is with headsets. With those, if you set the Device Property Trusted to Yes, it will connect automatically without a prompt.
    03-01-09 08:09 PM
    Thanks for your response, though I may need to clarify this a bit. It is actually the Desktop manager on my PC which prompts to sync.
    03-03-09 01:53 PM
    I think DM has an option to "sync on connection" so I'd find that and turn it off.
    03-03-09 08:45 PM
    I have the same issue, and the "sync on connection" is enabled. I wanted to setup BT sync so the my blackberry would automatical and seamlessly sync when I came into range of my desktop. It I have to click yes to connect, and then click sync, I might aswell use the USB cable! What is the point of BT sync if I'm stilll stuck at the desktop?!
    06-29-09 08:31 PM
    I was just about to post the same question when I found this. I might return my usb bluetooth adapter if i still have to click on this and the desktop manager. My goal was just like yours and that is to auto sync whenever I'm around my comp.
    07-04-09 10:16 AM
    Bit late, I suppose, but I have found all your statements true.

I bought the BT dongle with the idea of sitting in the yard and transferring files, pictures, etc. I can, but I have to approve each transfer on the computer and the handset first, even after the devices are paired and given security codes. So, why? I may as well just plug in the USB.

The only possible use I could see is if I wanted to transfer a file to a BT enabled computer somewhere where I had no network access and no usb cable.

Not a huge deal, but it is aggravating.
    07-10-09 12:30 AM
    I just upgraded to DM 5.0. On the Connection Options window, one of the options is "Prompt before connectiong to a bluetooth enabled device" my bluetooth is fudged up right now so I can not confirm, but this looks like a solution!

I have installed a diffrent BT adaptor, and can verify the promt to sync is optional with DM 5.0 on vista 64bit!!
    Last edited by falcobramblewood; 07-22-09 at 08:38 PM. Reason: updated info
    07-18-09 08:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD