I just ordered my Bold from Sprint, and currently have the Tour. When I get the phone and do a device swap on Desktop Manager like I always do, is that the right way to do it? I guess what I mean is, is their anything that might harm the phone by doing it that way? I went from pearl to curve, to curve to Tour, and now Tour to Bold. I have never had any problems doing this, but might this be putting something on my phone that shouldn't be there? Any help here would be appreciated. Since it would be going to a brand new clean device phone, would it be okay. Is it any different than wiping a phone before installed a new OS?
    05-16-10 08:47 AM
    Not sure if this helps, but I was always told not to do a swap only because you will be transferring everything over. Whenever I get a new device I just reinstall all my programs and sync with outlook to transfer all my contacts and appointments. Not sure what anyone else thinks about this.....
    05-16-10 09:09 AM
    Thanks for the response. I have never had a problem doing a device swap, but I remember hearing the same thing that you heard.
    05-16-10 11:08 AM
    The point of doing a device swap is to move everything over that can be moved over. It won't move the OS. Everything else will be fine.
    05-16-10 12:14 PM
    Jeff, What about going from a curve 8330 to the bold? if i do a swap and apps that i have are not the right version for the bold, they will just not install, correct? then I will have to install them separately anyway. Is that correct?
    05-16-10 12:33 PM
    Correct. If an app won't run, just delete it and install the correct version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 12:56 PM
    I didn't think there was anything wrong with doing a device swap on DM, I just wanted to be sure. Has anyone ever had a problem doing it?
    05-16-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD