I was attempting to install the drivers for my Playbook but they would not install even when I attempted to do so manually; it appears that Windows Installer just freezes when I try.

I then uninstalled the desktop software (originally brought in from the upgrade from Win7 to Win8), restarted, and attempted to reinstall the desktop software...only to run into the same Windows Installer problem; it will make absolutely no progress in the installation window and eventually I get an error message or have to kill the install processes.

I realize that I'm running the eval copy of Win8, but considering that it will be released soon, I didn't expect to encounter a basic installation problem like this. Has anyone else experienced this issue and, if so, is there a fix? Is this a RIM problem or a Win8 problem?
    10-20-12 04:21 PM
    I've tried it on the CP version months ago, and it worked fine with the version back then.
    10-20-12 05:55 PM
    I've tried it on the CP version months ago, and it worked fine with the version back then.
    Same here, previous versions of Windows 8 worked fine with DM so.. I'm guessing MS changed something along the line if it's no longer working. Not sure of any fixes sadly since, I dunno what has changed.
    10-20-12 06:20 PM
    I have two computers running Windows 8 Pro x64. My Windows 8 is activated and legit from Microsoft Partner Program. I have Blackberry Desktop software 7.1.0.32 running on both of them. I have not had any issues installing or using the software.
    10-21-12 04:11 PM
    I used the Win8 Refresh OS files option...and that seemed to do the trick; I was able to get everything installed. On the downside, I had to practically reinstall EVERYTHING after the refresh, including Office, iTunes, etc.
    10-21-12 06:09 PM