No wonder people are jumping ship...

I launch DM today (after killing the process in Task Manager from a previous launch).

I dock the phone and try to tap "Sync media" in the one second I have before the screen goes black and shows the connection animation.

DM decides that it wants to try something new, so it prompts me to set up all my sync settings again.

After doing that, the "You have files waiting to be burned to CD" bubble pops up by my clock. Great - I burned that CD two months ago, why does this pop up all of a sudden?

Half way through the sync I notice that Windows Media Player has popped up and is doing something with the library - Nope, I don't need that - I yank the SD and slide it into the computer when I want to copy music to the phone...

DM has finally done its thing - now it's bugging me about conflicts that go back for the last three months. Very well, I'll approve and deny those again.

Sync complete.

Computer is pestering me about the files waiting to be burned to CD and freezes every time I try to delete the temporary files waiting to be burned. At one point it has a total meltdown and the reset button on the front panel is the only thing left to try.

After the reboot, Outlook is now pestering me about three dozen appointments that are now a week, two weeks, a month, etc.. over due. Thanks DM, you've gone and sync'd up old appointments..

Does anyone else find DM to be such an incredible clusterfvck of an application?
    03-27-12 08:07 PM
    Yes it is bad. I'm glad I don't sync things. Itunes is also bad.
    03-27-12 08:12 PM
    I never have issues like that with DM. This sounds like a problem with Windows.

And iTunes is just as bad, if not worse? I plug in my iPhone, and iTunes decides to delete everything on my phone, great! (yeah, I have two phones...)
    03-27-12 08:35 PM
    I've been trying to backup my 9930 for awhile now. It consistantly gets stuck near the end of a backup were it says "backing up smart card options"....anyone know how I get passed this?

I never had issues with DM before but this has me bamboozled!
    03-29-12 10:36 AM
    Bump.....is there anyone that has had the issue I'm having? I am befuddled...
    04-04-12 09:15 AM
    Do you have any smart card options? Selective backup?
    04-04-12 09:21 AM
    Do you have any smart card options? Selective backup?
    Sorry for the delayed response...but I'm not sure what you mean?
    04-06-12 09:36 AM
    I asked about smart cards because you said it stalls there. Also asking if you can do a selective backup.
    04-06-12 09:45 AM
    No options and no selective backup...might this mean my DM is defective?
    04-08-12 07:02 AM
    You don't have this?
    04-08-12 07:56 AM
    I have no problems with synching or backing up via DM, but it is, and always has been, the slowest loading piece of software I have ever owned. It take 4+ minutes just to load and connect to my already plugged in 9930. It seems to get even slower with every new release. Definately bloatware!
    04-09-12 06:22 AM
    You don't have this?
    No, I do not. When I first downloaded the software it allowed me to backup. Only once. Ever since then I can't get it past a certain point no matter how long I wait. I have never seen that screenshot while backing up on this version??
    04-09-12 06:45 AM
    You don't have this?
    upon further review, I do have this...I've been trying to figure this out for weeks now. Do I need to select what I want to backup? I have never had issue with this smart card option thing in the past...I haven't been able to back my device up for some time now and I am starting to get concerned.

Anyone have anything to add to this??
    04-18-12 07:25 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...ack-up-656465/There was another thread here where the smartcard thing was mentioned. I'll see if I can find it.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 04-18-12 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Link
    04-18-12 07:32 PM
    To a certain extend, I agree. The mac version is pretty barebone, but it works faster. The windows version has more features, but is slow and buggy. Overall I still choose to sync it with my mac instead.

As long it syncs my contacts and itunes, I'm happy. The new version solved the problem of syncing in duplicates into my phone.

But so far, itunes with iphone is still a better experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-18-12 07:36 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...ack-up-656465/There was another thread here where the smartcard thing was mentioned. I'll see if I can find it.
    Dude, this worked!! Thanks a bunch for all of your help! Crackberry nation rules!
    04-18-12 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD