Hi All,

Trying to download the latest Desktop Software noticed that Blackberry's website does not have version 7 available anymore, the one for download is 6.1 B38. Reading through the forums I noticed a ton of people having all sorts of problems with it, so I guess RIM removed it because of that, has been there any official statement about this?, does 6.1 B38 support Playbook OS 2.0?

Cheers,

G
    Last edited by Lumute; 02-27-12 at 12:10 PM.
    02-27-12 12:06 PM
    just spotted that and went here if anybody else did as well. shame i've installed it before and now cannot do anything else since older DS doesn't want to get uninstalled
    02-27-12 02:59 PM
    They had 'Issues' with DM7 and pulled it off right away..I think it was on there for a day. once they patch it, it should be back up.

I keep checking to see if its updated yet..

Yes, DM6 does support OS2..I did a backup of my Playbook with OS2 on the DM6..I couldnt on DM7.
    02-27-12 03:02 PM
    RIM pulled DM 7 within a few days after it originally went live on Feb 15. Yes, it was because of all the problems that a lot of people had. I didn't notice any immediate issues, but after a few days, I noticed that all day events were getting spread out over two days. And some birthdays were changing to a day early for some contacts.

Even the carrier software portals through the BB website pulled it. including my own carrier, AT&T.

RIM did note somewhere the problem (it's in one of the other theads), and that a fix was being worked on. But, that was at least a week and half ago.
    02-27-12 03:19 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible/allowed/legal to download v7 from anywhere else?
    03-01-12 07:45 AM
    Does anyone know if it's possible/allowed/legal to download v7 from anywhere else?
    why do you want to install a DM that has been pulled officially?
    03-04-12 06:21 AM
    No wonder I've had weird issues with backups and restores, like SMS's randomly going missing and funky stuff here and there. I was just going to create a new thread and saw this thread. Anyway I am uninstalling 7 and going back to 6.1. I am doing this because my backups were also being created with a *.bbb extension instead of *.ipd but that just started the other day (I'm not sure why or if it is related). Either way if BlackBerry have pulled 7, then I'm definitely going back to 6.1.

Thanks for the info guys.
    03-04-12 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD