I've been syncing my Curve 8310 to Outlook with no problems until suddenly this week, Dsktp Mgr wants to delete 400+ calendar entries in Outlook. I upgraded the device to OS 4.5.0.182 and I'm running Dsktp Mgr 5.01.37.

I did the one-way sync from BB to Outlook and then a separate one-way from Outlook to BB as suggested in another (old) thread, but as soon as I tried another two-way sync, it attempted to delete again.

BTW, the BB is set to keep all appointments "forever."

Any suggestions?
    07-22-10 10:06 PM
    I had the same problem (Tour 9630 on Verizon), posted a post very similiar to this 2-3 months ago, and never got a single reply...
    07-23-10 01:06 AM
    Unbelievable - it seems to be a common problem, for which there is no real solution. I'm going to peruse the BB.com support forums and see what I can find. Will report back to this thread if I find a solution....
    07-23-10 05:42 AM
    I had this problem ... I deleted a Service Book which was my E-mail address with "CICAL" as a suffix or type ... everything worked wonderfully for about a week and now I can't synch my calendar at all ... everythig else synchs fine ... but no calendar ... Please help
    Last edited by Beauvaidos; 07-26-10 at 05:50 PM.
    07-26-10 05:24 PM
    Beauvaidos,

I can't seem to find the post on the BB support forums that helped me to solve this problem, but in a nutshell, here's what I did:

1) First, make sure your BB calendar is set to keep all appointments forever (Calendar->options).

2) Change Desktop Manager to Sync only one way -- first from Outlook to BB, then from BB to Outlook. This should make sure that whatever you entered in BB calendar will now be in Outlook and vice versa. This isn't a long-term solution for me (to do this regularly), so once I had this done....

3) wipe the entire calendar on BB by deleting every entry prior to some outrageous date in the future (I chose July 1, 2012).

4) sync with Desktop manager again (two-way).

This solved my problem and it syncs fine now.

Hope this helps....
    cantwell3d likes this.
    07-27-10 06:18 AM
    Okee Dokee ... I'll try that if I get into trouble again ... but ... this is what I've done and it seems to be working ... I deleted the CICAL Service Book entitled with my Email address ... things worked fine until I had to reboot or shut down or something ... then there was no Calendar Synching at all ... I resent my Service Books and since then all is Fine ... it's not Scientific or Stress Tested ... .but ... I'm fully functional again ... for now :-) :-)
    Is it possible that a Service Book was corrupt or altered in some way ... Whatever !!!
    Thanks to all for comments and help ...
    07-28-10 05:39 PM
    This awful problem keeps rearing it's ugly head, and now my workaround doesn't seem to solve it. This has to be a glitch in the new Desktop Manager. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

I've got my BB set to keep appts forever, but it still tries to delete them on sync. It's virtually useless to me now.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!
    09-21-10 08:44 PM
    Yes, I am having the same problem and need a fix!
    09-27-10 11:25 PM
    The only thing I've found to work so far is uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager. So far so good... but I'm not holding my breath!
    09-28-10 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD