I�m a newbie to the BlackBerry world and love it so far�. Have one problem hopefully someone can help me with. My BlackBerry Desktop Manager will not recognize Microsoft outlook. When I go to configure sync. my Microsoft outlook, address book or tasks don�t show up..??

I�ve uninstalled and reinstalled the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, that didn�t help.

Any suggestions..??

I have a BlackBerry 8330 from Verizon, I�m running the latest OS v4.3.0.127 and also running the latest BB Desktop Software v4.3.0.17

Thanks,
    Bob
    06-28-08 11:02 AM
    What is the OS on your pc, and what version of Outlook?
    06-28-08 11:09 AM
    I have same problem - Both my OS and DTM are veersion 4.5
    06-28-08 11:24 AM
    Ok, but what is on your computer, (XP & Outlook 2003, ect.)?
    06-28-08 11:59 AM
    Hello Tyroni,

I'm running XP Media Center Edition and Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.8968)

Thanks,
    Bob
    06-28-08 12:24 PM
    Same issue here
    06-28-08 10:08 PM
    upgrade to 2003, If I am not mistaken RIM told me that 4.3 no longer supports outlook 2000. There is DM version on the RIM website that will work with the curve and outlook 2000. it 4.2 with service pack 2.

Yes just checked out blackberry.com 4.3 does not support outlook 2000

BlackBerry - BlackBerry - Sys Req V4-2 Pack 2

link above does
    Last edited by lastraid; 06-28-08 at 10:43 PM.
    06-28-08 10:37 PM
    We are newbies too. The issue we're having is that we would like to have work emails come to our blackberry via internet. According to the manual, we need to go to the desktop redirector option in the desktop manager software that came with the phone. We can't eve FIND this option. I did a search in the desktop software itself. It told me what the desktop redirector was, but not WHERE it was. LOL Please help.

Thanks.
    06-28-08 11:10 PM
    I was experiencing the same issue. I upgraded to Outlook 2007 and it works fine...
    06-29-08 10:37 AM
    I just had the same problem, This is what I did:
    Under the main menu click on synchronize then under configure I clicked on synchronize again and then to the right it will say reset configuration, I clicked on that and I had to re-configure my settings and it all worked when I was done! YEAH!! I'm running Outlook 2003 with a DM of 5.0 and the only reason I had this problem was cause I was having problems with outlook sending my emails so I reinstalled outlook and lost ALL my info so I thought I'll just pull it off my phone and thats when I ran into this problem. Hope this helps someone.
    08-12-09 12:15 AM
    I have a Curve 8900. I run a laptop with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. My Curve receives and sends e-mails ok. Mails delete from my laptop if I delete from my Curve. Curve does not read calendars nor outlook contact lists nor folders from my laptop. If I file a message on my laptop, it stays unread in my inbox on the Curve.
    Any ideas before I throw the Curve in the bin?
    08-12-09 01:53 AM
    When I connected my Curve to a new laptop running Outlook 2010 and Windows 7, Desktop Manager 6 did not list Outlook as an email application.
    I solved the problem by marking Outlook as the default email app
    [Control Panel; All Control Panel Items; Default Programs]
    11-13-11 01:06 PM
    I have the DM 6.0 with Outlook 2007. I have tried EVERYTHING, reinstalled, repaired, everything I could think of. I have the Torch. DM refuses to recognize the profile.
    01-17-12 03:35 PM
    Running Win 7, Outlook 2007 and DM 6.1.

All this time, I've had zero problems with updating, backing up, etc.

The other day, out of the blue, Dm wouldn't sync.
    No new install, no upgrade on device, PB, or DM.
    Just plug 'er in like always, but no worky worky.
    Errors ranged from 0x type (can't remember the numbrs and cleaned history since then) to connection to just plain nothing. Sometimes it started to, then quit. Other times, it wouldn't even pretend.
    Tried deleting, no dice.
    Tried updating, no dice.
    Reboot, try again, either one, no dice.

Took half the day to delete DM. Finally had success.
    install 7.1. no dice, delete and reboot.
    install 6.1 b38, no dice, delete and reboot.
    reinstall 6.1 b34, the SAME one I had, success.

Odd? Strange?? Confusing??
    01-27-12 08:30 PM
    We are newbies too. The issue we're having is that we would like to have work emails come to our blackberry via internet. According to the manual, we need to go to the desktop redirector option in the desktop manager software that came with the phone. We can't eve FIND this option. I did a search in the desktop software itself. It told me what the desktop redirector was, but not WHERE it was. LOL Please help.

Thanks.
    As I understand your question, it seems different from this thread about DM. Getting work email, like from Outlook, or Yahoo, etc., you set it up on the handheld and use Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) which I assume AT&T would help you set up, at least tell you the web site to go set it up on. For example, I am US Cellular, and go to www.uscellular.blackberry.com to deal with my email accounts. BIS is very different from DM. Of course now I see that is 3 years ago!!
    Last edited by pvdiamon; 01-29-12 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Didn't see original date
    01-29-12 04:57 PM
    2/18/2010

Blackberry�s latest desktop 7.0 dumbs down their smartphone to the point that it is unable to utilize Outlook Connector, making it impossible to update contacts and calendar. Blackberry knows this and has indicated they will not fix it.
    Users need to contact their State Autonomy General Consumer Protection Division and carrier CEO. For AT & T this would be:
    Randall L. Stephenson
    Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President
    A T & T
    208 S. Akard St.
    Dallas, TX 75202
    02-18-12 10:48 AM
    I have the DM 6.0 with Outlook 2007. I have tried EVERYTHING, reinstalled, repaired, everything I could think of. I have the Torch. DM refuses to recognize the profile.
    What is your error?
    For me, I changed my profile to my real name. That gave me an error.
    DM requires the profile to be called "outlook".
    02-20-12 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD