Hello

I am new to the Blackberry community so bear with me. I purchased a 8830 on ebay and it appears to have an IT policy that does not allow third party application downloads. I did some searching and found that I need to update my OS.

I have downloaded the most recent version of Desktop Manager from blackberry.com (v5.0.16). When I try to run the application it gets hung up on initializing. The taskbar has the icon but says that Desktop Manager is disabled. I am running Windows XP Professional.

thanks
    07-28-10 08:16 PM
    Have you tried to uninstall it, reboot and then try to install?
    07-28-10 08:25 PM
    Yes - I did a clean uninstall and it worked. Now it won't recognize that my blackberry is plugged in. Any suggestions?
    07-28-10 09:11 PM
    I am having issues with the desktop manager as well. I have the icon, but it will not open up. No window or anything. Uninstalling and reinstalling with a reboot and checking to make sure there were no traces of it left after the uninstall did nothing to fix it. It does show that it is connected to the bb, but nothing else. More than likely this is just my ignorance on the program, sorry if this has been posted before but I didnt see it.
    10-15-10 10:12 PM
    If yours has an IT policy on it also you can follow this

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...y-file-217892/
    10-16-10 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD