I have asked this over at the Official Blackberry Forums for Desktop Manager and noone has replied in over 1 month since I posted it.

Here is my issue:

I have BlackBerry Desktop Manager v5.0.1 installed. I have the BlackBerry 9700. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with over-adequate specs. The program opens and it connects to my BlackBerry (well, says "Connected", anyways).

From here, I can not do anything. Clicking on any of the 6 "buttons" does nothing. Double clicking even, does nothing. From the pictures I have attached, you can see that selecting it has done nothing. I can also select everything as if it is just an html webpage (which it seems to be written in). When I right-click on the page and choose properties (res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\product_common.dll/desktop.html), I get the error shown in the 4th picture.

Figuring it had not installed correctly, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again using the full clean uninstall method given by RIM. I also installed it again using their recommended method (including the registering of the certain file). It seems to work exactly the same as before... not at all.

When I did not have my phone updated to the newest version, loading this Desktop Manager would ask me to update. Upon clicking the update button, it would do nothing. Now that I have manually updated the phone, it does not ask me to update anymore.

Why is this program not working? Shouldn't this be easy-to-use software?

Thanks,
    Shawn
    01-27-10 12:48 AM
    Are you running the lastest DM 5.0.1.28?

I'm running it on WIN 7 64bit and have no problems......
    01-27-10 11:25 AM
    Out of curiosity, do you have Norton's AV installed and have it set to block Java Script? That error looks like it is generated by something blocking the action and not the BBDTM itself.
    01-27-10 11:53 AM
    Are you running the lastest DM 5.0.1.28?

I'm running it on WIN 7 64bit and have no problems......
    Same here... plus the great thing about Ultimate Win 7 is the XP virtual box.
    01-27-10 12:30 PM
    I do not have Notron AV. I am not sure what exact version of DM that is running. Just says 5.0.1. It is possible that Java is blocking it, not sure where to check, though.
    02-03-10 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD