Hi Guys. I can't get my head around this - can anyone help?
    DTM wants to upgrade my system. That's fine by me, but it also thus forces me to downgrade my DocumentsToGo (I have v2 and it wants to downgrade to v1). If I deselect the action, then it wants to remove DocumentsToGo.
    I just want to leave Documents as it is!
    I could do the full circle, letting is do the downgrade and then manually upgrade, but there seems to be no logic. Why won't the silly DTM accept the fact that there is a v2 of DocumentsToGo?
    I am baffled! Thanks.....
    11-02-09 07:03 PM
    DTM wants to upgrade my system. That's fine by me, but it also thus forces me to downgrade my DocumentsToGo (I have v2 and it wants to downgrade to v1). If I deselect the action, then it wants to remove DocumentsToGo.
    I could do the full circle, letting is do the downgrade and then manually upgrade, but there seems to be no logic. Why won't the silly DTM accept the fact that there is a v2 of DocumentsToGo?
    This is a common problem. It is a bug in DTM. If you do a Google search you will find some workarounds, but RIM will have to provide a true fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 08:11 PM
    It wont accept the fact that there is a v2 of docstogo because there is an alx file called documentstogo in the OS folder in your computer, which matches the cod files. Apploader overrides any "user wanted" preference in upgrading.

What you have to do is go to that folder and delete or move that file away from the folder.

Usually the OS folder is located in
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

there you will find the version of the OS you want.

If there is no folder and DM is doing the upgrade directly downloading it from the internet, you will have to manually download the OS version you want, install it in the computer and then remove/move the alx file.

Btw, its no bug, thats how the loader works, it was made to replace anything on the device with the file listing configurations (alx) that link to the java folder. Its just a missing function.
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-02-09 at 08:37 PM.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-02-09 08:17 PM
    Thanks guys for your expert help. What a pain!
    11-02-09 10:47 PM
    Just a share.
    I too encountered the option to either "downgrade" or "remove" my BBM 4.6 (I already use BBM 5.0 btw).
    Then I brace my courage to chose "remove" (thinking I could reinstall it later). And eventually, after the process, my BBM 5.0 remains.

11-03-09 12:11 AM
    Just a share.
    I too encountered the option to either "downgrade" or "remove" my BBM 4.6 (I already use BBM 5.0 btw).
    Then I brace my courage to chose "remove" (thinking I could reinstall it later). And eventually, after the process, my BBM 5.0 remains.

That might be because bbm5.0 differs in files and on installation it created another entry with different file listing. You probably have two entries in the apploader, the blackberry messenger 4.6 that says downgrade/remove and another one below in the listing that is checked. It created another entry for itself while at the same time replacing the old bbm5.0 cods or if you upgraded the OS it transferred itself to the new one as a third party app. It happened to me also, i just deleted the net_rim_bb_qm_peer.cod files from the java folder in the OS folder so it wouldnt show up, because it actually annoyed me :b. I never tried what would have happened if i had chosen "downgrade" on it since bbm5.0 has more cod files.
    Last edited by gbsn; 11-03-09 at 12:58 AM.
    11-03-09 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD