Ok, I went to the Desktop Manager and went into the Media Manager. I clicked Ringtones and started to rename them to make it cleaner on my BB Storm. Well, I go into my Storm to see how good the list looks now and the songs I edited are GONE. I went back to the Media Manager and the songs are still there. What do I do to get the songs back on my Storm?

I did a battery pull just incase to see if It will refresh but nothing. Then I relized when I renamed them I erased the mp3 part so I put that back in and still nothing.

Please help, I need those songs back...
    10-05-09 10:45 PM
    If the songs are named properly in media manager AND you can confirm the mp3s are still on your PC, why not just reformat the media card and reload the songs?
    10-06-09 06:34 AM
    Well their not on my PC. I didn't put songs on here from there. But they're still in the Media Manager part of the Desktop Manager. How do I do what your telling me? Im a n00b about this stuff.
    10-06-09 06:48 AM
    try removing and reinserting the memory card
    10-06-09 06:54 AM
    If you are using windows xp and you rename the song you are not going to change the name of the song. If you are using vista and you have the song in a folder you can highlight the song. You will see at the bottom of the page all of the information about the song. there is so much music that is not named correctly. I always check that information before I transfer it to my phone.
    10-06-09 08:24 AM
    Yeah Im using Vista. I open the little ringtones folder on the Desktop Media Manager, renamed the song and hit enter. I then closed out and opened my Storm and the songs I edited were gone. But they're still in the folder, WEIRD. I deleted all of them and re downloaded them and made sure I named them before saving to my phone.

BUT, I wish I knew how to do this for future reference.
    10-06-09 03:15 PM
    It's the stupid file cache file on the media card. Do a search FOR ALL INSTANCES of BBThumbs.* and delete all the files on the card under that name. (there will be one file per directory/folder on the card) Once you do that, let the phone reindex the card and all your stuff will show back up. It's been discussed before btw.
    10-06-09 03:20 PM
    I know your probably are going to be annoyed by me asking lol, sorry but can you maybe give me a step by step on how to do that? Im very sorry!
    10-06-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD