I have the Bold 9000, love it. When you open an appointment time, it has "send using" at the top of screen. What is this for? Also I now have many duplicate appointments for the same time slot, and I can't figure out how to correct this duplication from happening. Please Help
    05-11-09 08:54 AM
    I sync my calendar through BES. After upgrading to .266, I had double calendar entries.

If your calendar is wireless sync, open Calendar > Menu > Options. While the Options screen is open, type rset

Confirm by choosing "yes".

This should get rid of your double entries.
    05-11-09 09:13 AM
    Calender thru BES? Help me here, I don't follow you there. Also how do I upgrade to 266? If you have a minute Thx
    05-11-09 09:24 AM
    Sorry.

BES is Blackberry Enterprise Service ... as opposed to BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). BES is a hosted exchange server service using Microsoft Exchange ... usually a corporate environment. Mine is a non-corporate hosted exchange service.

So, when I reset ("rset") my calendar, it removes all the current entries and then wirelessly syncs my calendar entries from the exchange server. The same should work for you, if you set your appointments and sync to them wirelessly (BES or BIS). Otherwise, you'll probably lose your calendar entries, because the calendar cannot sync to anything.

On .266 upgrade ... you can find the .266 upgrade threads in the Bold forum and the OS Beta Discussion forum. Read through the entire thread to get a feel for what is necessary. The OS links will be there. Also, before performing an upgrade the for the first time, read the Upgrade 101 thread here at CB, found here:

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

There's some very useful info here, including a discussion about BES v. BIS.

Edit: One other thought ... when you go to your Calendar Options ... do you have more than one entry in "Calendars" showing up?
    Last edited by taddley; 05-11-09 at 09:47 AM.
    05-11-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD