I searched for this, but couldn't find a definitive answer, so perhaps somebody here will know...

Where does DM "search" for OS updates?

I plugged in my Verizon 9630 yesterday to sync up my Outlook Calendar, and the DM asked if I wanted to upgrade my OS from .975 to .1030. As I was already contemplating this via the usual methods with Shrink-a-OS, I had loaded Sprint's .1030 release on my Notebook, removed the vendor.xml file, and was just waiting for the opportunity to do it.

So, does the DM search Verizon or RIM; or does it search my local hard drive, see the OS installed, and suggest that?

Thanks...
    12-20-10 08:15 AM
    Anyone? Please...
    12-20-10 03:18 PM
    DM will search your computer, and if nothing is there it will suggest official software for your phone and carrier. Being that you had 1030 installed to your computer, and the vendor file deleted, it gave you that OS as an option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-10 04:12 PM
    That is what I wanted to hear! Thanks.

Upgrading is always a pain, since I am on a BES, but the DM automatically reactivated my device on the BES after the update was complete., so I didn't have to get I.T. involved. That is a good thing. Just reentering my EUL's, and all is good.

Just to expand this thought, if I were to do the same thing next time there is an update (if there is - not much live left for the Tour), and I install a hybrid over top the OS installation, and then allow the DM to search for the update, will it find it, or does the hybrid kill the process?

Thanks again...
    12-20-10 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD