Installed desktop manager on my laptop having Vista. After connecting my BB via usa cable, for some reason no application appears in the applications. though its recognising the devise bcoz i can see the PIN at the bottom of DM. Can someone please tell me what could be wrong....thanks
    04-19-09 03:25 AM
    Do you have the OS installed to your computer?
    04-19-09 03:38 AM
    which OS? i have vista on my laptop.
    04-19-09 05:18 AM
    You need the OS for your blackberry installed on your pc. Go to options/about third line down. That will tell you what version you have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 05:40 AM
    You can download your BlackBerry handheld software here...

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...761840F4BA6C53

Then install it on your laptop.
    04-19-09 06:01 AM
    You need the OS for your blackberry installed on your pc. Go to options/about third line down. That will tell you what version you have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you mean in addition to DM i need to install something else too?

i think i am making a mistake somewhere. can u please tell me exactly where this options/third line is?
    04-19-09 08:48 AM
    You can download your BlackBerry handheld software here...

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...761840F4BA6C53

Then install it on your laptop.
    Actually the carrier is ufone not mobilink. can you please resend the link. thanks
    04-19-09 08:49 AM
    04-19-09 09:02 AM
    What version OS do you have...lets start there. Go to options/about it is the third line down. Also what device do you have? 8310 or 8320 to be sure.
    04-19-09 09:04 AM
    i spent all day trying to dl 122. finally i downloaded dm 4.7 from the bell site and it worked,
    04-19-09 09:12 AM
    Jreek yes 4.7 works well with your device and the bold. 4.7 does not play well with other devices though.
    04-19-09 09:14 AM
    i want to know do i have to install something else on my laptop besides BB desktop manager??

i am using curve 8320

this link which u gave me isnt showing curve 8320....
    04-19-09 11:40 AM
    Thats because that ufone company doesnt have an 8320. Only the 8310.
    Yes you have to download the OS that is on your device and istall it on your pc. So you will have to install 2 things on your computer. On your blackberry go to options then scroll down and select about. On the third line down will tell you what OS you have. It should look like this(mine is 4.5.0.124) I need this so I can help you.
    04-19-09 12:07 PM
    oh ok. so should i download 8310 (ufone) or should i download 8320 (mobilink). mobilink is a different service provider. by the way OS on my BB is 4.5.
    04-19-09 11:50 PM
    oh ok. so should i download 8310 (ufone) or should i download 8320 (mobilink). mobilink is a different service provider. by the way OS on my BB is 4.5.
    Curvy,
    You are almost there. If you are reading the OS version from your Blackberry like instructed, there are more numbers after the 4.5 We need those to give you a proper link. There are several versions of 4.5 out there.

If you already found the correct one, your other answer is, download the one for your phone. If you have a 8320 don't get the one for 8310. It won't work.
    04-20-09 04:48 AM
    You should download the 8320 version from mobilink. But it is very important that you give me all the numbers from the third line when you go to options/about. It should be 4.5.x.xxx we need ALL of them. Then I can get you what you need.
    04-20-09 06:36 AM
    Desktop manager should automatically update the handheld software right? Mine did. Atleast it ask me but mine was already up to date.

I hardly use the desktop manager except for backup though. When I put pictures and stuff out and in I just click the drive in my computer. It's easier. I don't even know how to do it in desktop manager if you can.
    04-20-09 08:28 AM
    curve0644 yes that is correct. But the problem here is the OP is updated but doesnt have the apps list in app loader. That means the OP doesnt have the OS for her device installed on her pc. All that needs to happen is for the OP to download and install the exact OS she has and everything will be fine.
    04-20-09 08:38 AM
    curve0644 yes that is correct. But the problem here is the OP is updated but doesnt have the apps list in app loader. That means the OP doesnt have the OS for her device installed on her pc. All that needs to happen is for the OP to download and install the exact OS she has and everything will be fine.
    Should have came with the phone though right? I just installed my desktop manager cd and updated it to the new one and everything works. I think when it told me to update it just took me to the link on blackberries website. So this should be easy for him.
    04-20-09 08:46 AM
    Desktop manager comes with the phone on the cd yes. But I am assuming that the OP doesnt have this. Besides it isnt a desktop manager problem. The problem is that when they go to application loader in desktop manager to add system apps like blackberry attachment service it isnt there. And it wont be there unless you have the OS for your device installed on your pc. I personally can not recall if you do the automatic update that it does in fact install the new OS. But at this point were pretty sure there isnt an OS installed on the pc at this point. It should be easy...but getting the OP to provide the exact OS version on the device has proven not to be easy.
    04-20-09 09:04 AM
    Desktop manager comes with the phone on the cd yes. But I am assuming that the OP doesnt have this. Besides it isnt a desktop manager problem. The problem is that when they go to application loader in desktop manager to add system apps like blackberry attachment service it isnt there. And it wont be there unless you have the OS for your device installed on your pc. I personally can not recall if you do the automatic update that it does in fact install the new OS. But at this point were pretty sure there isnt an OS installed on the pc at this point. It should be easy...but getting the OP to provide the exact OS version on the device has proven not to be easy.
    Yeah...

I think if he goes to his desktop manger and click check for software updates it checks the handheld and updates it too. But if not he should be able to find it easily online.
    04-20-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD