Hey guys,

I've been trying to update my current OS to the new OS 5.0.0.743 for the BlackBerry Bold 9700.

I did install it and removed the Vender.xml file however DM is still not reading that there's a new OS when I click on Software Update.

Any help? Much appreciated!
    06-13-10 01:09 PM
    Hey guys,

I've been trying to update my current OS to the new OS 5.0.0.743 for the BlackBerry Bold 9700.

I did install it and removed the Vender.xml file however DM is still not reading that there's a new OS when I click on Software Update.

Any help? Much appreciated!
    Close DM and use the loader.exe to install the new OS, it's in the same folder as the vendor file. Also disconnect from the internet and make sure all other OS are removed.
    06-13-10 01:24 PM
    Still not working. I opened the AppLoader and all I could see was the list of applications I have.

I did turn off the internet, tried it with both AppLoader and DM (while either was closed) and I made sure the vendor file was removed...

06-13-10 01:38 PM
    Use CCleaner to remove ALL OS from your PC run the registry cleaner and cleaner options in CCleaner after. Reboot your PC and install the OS you want to upgrade to and follow the upgrade steps here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...7/#post5148008
    06-13-10 02:21 PM
    Still not working...

I don't have any os previously installed on this laptop.

Used apploader, DM while internet off, both didn't work.

Vendor is it not in the folder.
    06-13-10 02:42 PM
    Search for any instance of the vendor file - some folks have found another copy on their computers.
    06-13-10 04:18 PM
    What OS on your computer?
    06-13-10 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD