I just got a new PC and installed the Desktop Manager.

When I start the program it asks for me to connect my BB.

I do this but it is not doing anything. It does not connect to my BB and the Desktop Manager is listed as disconnected.

I had no problems on my old PC with this issue.

It looks like the PC only sometimes shows the BB connected in the Devices menu when connected to the USB

New PC specs

Win 7 64bit ultimate

i7 chip

8GB RAM

8900 Curve

I noticed Win 7 is showing my BB as a removable disk drive ( H: ) Could that be the cause of the issue?
    08-15-10 03:26 PM
    I just got a new PC and installed the Desktop Manager.

When I start the program it asks for me to connect my BB.

I do this but it is not doing anything. It does not connect to my BB and the Desktop Manager is listed as disconnected.

I had no problems on my old PC with this issue.

It looks like the PC only sometimes shows the BB connected in the Devices menu when connected to the USB

New PC specs

Win 7 64bit ultimate

i7 chip

8GB RAM

8900 Curve

I noticed Win 7 is showing my BB as a removable disk drive ( H: ) Could that be the cause of the issue?
    Welcome to Crackberry, jpsprack

Have you done a battery pull on your phone and restarted it? I would try that first. Also, you could make sure that your USB ports have updated drivers. With a fresh install of Win7 there might have been a bug with the stock drivers.

Let us know!
    08-15-10 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

Yup have already done a battery pull. Even wiped the BB driver and tried reconnecting.

I do notice in that in the BB software its saying COM1 is disconnected or something to that effect.

Yup fresh Win 7. I will recheck USB Drivers tonight.
    08-16-10 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD