So, I upgraded my DM to the latest version and upon doing so it began messing up my wireless internet connection on this computer. It began to load the network connection a full 3 to 5 minutes after the computer started, and it did appear to hang up at the start up menu. Anyone else having this issue or knowing why this happened how to fix it?

Curveyone1998
    03-19-09 07:23 PM
    What are you saying?

Are you saying that upgrading your BlackBerry Desktop Manager software on your computer is somehow interfering with the wireless internet connection on your computer?

I would seriously doubt that that's even possible. But try uninstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and see what happens.
    03-19-09 08:13 PM
    Yes Mama, that is what I was saying. I uninstalled the Destop Manager software and now my connection connects like it used to. I'm wondering if when I upgraded it something went wonky with the upgrade. I'm thinking of trying to download the latest version of DM straight from the web and not doing the upgrade part.

I agree it was totally wierd, but had hubby look at the computer (he's a computer programmer and builds his own systems all the time) and he couldn't find anything wrong with it, so that was when I started to uninstall the recent installations and after each I'd restart the system to see if the issue was resolved. Not until I uninstallled DM did the issue resolve it's self.

thanks for the reply...any thoughts?
    03-21-09 08:02 AM
    Did you upgrade to DM 4.7? I have seen all kinds of wierd things happen with that version. Try installing 4.6 without media manager.
    03-21-09 09:40 AM
    why do you suggest without media manager?
    03-22-09 03:37 PM
    Because it's a POS (my personal opinion). There are easier ways to get get media on your media card. Drag and drop using Windows Explorer being the best way.
    03-22-09 04:07 PM
    I downloaded 4.6 with roxio and am still having ythe same internet connectivity wireless network issue as the OP. Maybe I should try it without Roxio or do you think it's possible it's just an issue with DM all together and the Roxio won't make that much difference?

This is getting very frustrating and annoying, not that it's any of ya'alls faults...
    03-23-09 08:13 PM
    This same thing just happened to me, I just bought a blackberry storm 9530 and I just installed the desktop manager disk. i think the version that the disk installed was 4.7, so after I installed it and restarted my computer the connection icon on the bottom right of my taskbar on my desktop displayed a big red X through it and I couldnt connect to my internet. the only way it would work was to right click and select diagnose and repair it, the problem was it only fixed until I turned my computer back on and then the same thing happened again. so everytime I want to use the internet I have to diagnose and repair my internet connection. I will try ant uninstall the desktop manager I guess.
    03-23-09 08:59 PM
    Yup. 4.6. Doesn't help this problem either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:29 PM
    Has anyone found a cure for this? I'm a newbie with the Storm 9530 and have the exact same problem with 4.7. I'm running WinXP SP3 and just saw that my Vista laptop appears to have the same symptom hanging and not connecting to my wireless internet connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Pete
    05-20-09 07:01 PM
    The problem is indeed media manager. Just uninstalled that component from the desktop manager suite, and no more network delay issue. Oh, and I'm hard wired, so it has nothing to do with wireless. Must be a conflict with network connection initialization and/or priority.

Don't know why i even bothered installing it, i never use it. drag and drop in windows explorer is much easier and faster. Just turn on "mass storage device" support and your good to go.

btw, if you apply mass storage support to the internal memory, your custom ringtones (should you use any) will not play when your BB is plugged into your computer. Just a heads up
    Last edited by ShaTR; 05-28-09 at 10:31 PM.
    05-28-09 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD