When I reinstalled blackberry desktop manager I must have missed a setting or something because when I startup my computer, it will not let me do anything for about a minute. If I open IE it's just a white screen, if I open up my computer same thing. Seems like it's waiting on something to finish loading before it lets me do anything. Anyone else experience this? as soon as I uninstalled dsktp mngr everything went back to normal. Is there a specific setting I need to look out for during reinstall?
    07-28-09 05:30 PM
    Just set it not to start when Windows starts.
    07-28-09 05:32 PM
    is DM set to autostart with Windows? It asks that during the install I think. Make sure it does not autostart
    07-28-09 05:32 PM
    ok I uninstalled and reinstlled desktop manager. Made sure the box to autostart was unchecked and restarted computer. Same thing happend. Computer will not do anything until the box comes up telling me I need virus protection. I formated computer last night thinking it might be something else. currently have nothing else besides video drivers and microsoft updates installed. I have narrowed the problem down to the blackberry desktop. I have no idea where to go from here.

When I uninstall, computer runs fine and I can immediately go to the internet, once I install...it stalls for atleast a minute before it allows me to do anything.
    07-28-09 06:02 PM
    I've had this problem for over a year and my IT department is stumped. I'm using XP Professional. My problem is on startup of the computer. It gets to the screen where you have to click through in order to get to the screen where you put in your username/password. From they time I click on the first screen to when the username/password comes up it's about 2 minutes. During the time the screen is blue and hard drive is not working the whole time.

If I uninstall DM, it goes back to normal. Ugh.
    10-19-09 03:33 PM
    If you allowed it to install Roxio that's the problem.
    I can't tell you how to completly remove Roxio either, I'm still fighting with it.
    I'd like to publicly thank Roxio for vandalizing my PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 04:00 PM
    Try a 3rd part windows app that allows you to manage startup programs. You can use that to disable DM at startup then start it when you need it. I tried Roxio once and it took a long time to clean up the mess; besides that it didn't work very well either!!
    10-24-09 09:24 PM
    Does Roxio have anything to do with Media Sync?! Because I'm having an issue starting up my computer ... only thing is that my computer will simply freeze once DM starts up. Once it's done starting up, I'm fine.
    01-15-10 12:58 PM
    Hi,

I found this when i came to post about my utter frustration with DM.

Im running XP Pro too, installed the DM. On startup once ive logged on the PC will hang for around 1-1.5 minutes just doing nothing. If i open anything it will just give me a blank screen.... Then once something finally loads everything starts working and i get a pop up about virus protection (the windows popup thing in the bottom right corner etc)

SO after monitoring task manager on startup a few times i found it was this Roxio software.... Went into the startup service (msconfig) and disabled the program from running. He presto - windows starts up and runs like normal no hanging etc. Whatever the **** this program does it's a pain in the ***.

Unfortunetly as i discovered if you go to media sync it won't work because this program is disabled!!

Which in turn brings me to my question.

I plug my storm in, unlock it and it comes up with the windows explorer so i can access the device and just dump music on the memory card etc. However sometimes it doesn't come up - nothing appears etc. Any ideas why ?
    01-17-10 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD