I am a Mac user, and I use VMware Fusion to run Windows side-by-side with Mac OS. I have a fairly recent MBP, Core2 Duo processor and 2GB of RAM, so I can run both pretty nicely.... EXCEPT when Desktop Manager is starting up.

I have it so that it starts up when the computer starts up, and I HATE it - it makes my usually-fast computer lag like crazy, it temporarily freezes, and is just generally a pain in the ***.

How can I set it to start up only when I need it? I rarely use it to begin with, but not rarely enough to uninstall it. Is there an option somewhere? I've looked everywhere in the options and found nothing.
    08-16-08 03:49 PM
    I think the option to run Desktop Manager on start-up is set when you install it. I don't believe you can change that from within DTM, other than by uninstalling and reinstalling it.
    08-16-08 03:57 PM
    Oh. Well, not a big problem! I guess it'll just force me to install the newer version.

Thank you
    08-16-08 04:15 PM
    Download the latest version of DeskTop Manager from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22 and uncheck the option to run Desktop Manager at system startup time.

I reccomend that you obtain the version of Desktop Manager without the Media Manager as this module is at best underperforming and will most certainly slow down you PC even when DM is not running.
    08-17-08 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD