Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Desktop Manager incorrectly says my media card is full

When I attempt to sync my BB9900 with my Mac, the media manager incorrectly reports that the media card is full. How can I get media manager to re-read the card and realize that it is actually not over 100% full.
    It can´t be the sd card because it is a new one I recently bought to replace my defect sd card. I reinstalled DM but no change...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Just to be sure, when it shows memory available, is it showing for media card or the 8g that came with the phone? For myself, I had to specify that I wanted to sync with media card as default will try to sync with on board memory. Have a check and post results, thanks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It is definitely showing the storage of the media card.

Couple of weeks ago I had my device swapped and of course you I got a refurbish one and I think since then it has more bugs than my prior phone. I swapped it because of a squeaky trackpad (not it´s not going away after longer usage). The phone I have now does also have a squeaky trackpad and I think it does drop calls more often.

Anyway. If it is the phone again I will swap it again and will demand a NEW device!

Here is a pic:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Manager incorrectly says my media card is full-screen-shot-2012-01-28-17.32.44.jpg  
    Last edited by Smartie020; 01-28-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

If you check your available memory on the media card via options on the phone, does it state different memory availability?
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I think the phone shows the memory availability correctly.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

I'm at a loss for words, sorry I can't think of anything else, hopefully someone else can post some suggestions for you.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

It will never say 32 gigs for a 32 gig card. Some of the capacity is used for formatting. My card is 32, the available storage is 29.7 gigs.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

I know that, but can´t you see it on the pics? Nearly all of the 29,7 GB on my sd-card is used by me (Music 28,7GB, pictures 77,5MB and videos 209MB). However DM shows me that 22GB are already in use for whatever (Used 22,5GB ???!!). So with my DM media settings, 21,5GB more space is needed to put all my data on my phone. But that is not correct because I only loaded the card with 29GB and not with over 41GB as DM says....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desktop Manager incorrectly says my media card is full-screen-shot-2012-01-29-13.28.03.jpg  
    Last edited by Smartie020; 01-29-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,051 Global Posts
    PIN
    3302D65A

You could highlight Media Card free memory, press Menu/Repair. Then choose not to save lost clusters.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Didn´t work... no I have even more used space (22,6GB).... WTF (--> not supposed to be an offense^^)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

I have the EXACT same problem using a Mac too. Here is why it's occurring.

When ever we plug our phone's into the computer, it never recognizes the music that has already been sync, so the computer tries to add the exact same library of music AGAIN!

So basically, the problem is syncing is not working. If you want to add 1-2 new songs, the DM requires you to do 1 of 2 things.

#1. drag and drop the new music to the new music folder
    #2. manually delete the music folder and resync everything.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

@ohhhmy: Did this but I shouldn´t do that, and you either. That´s why there is a software for that....

So still, no solution?

**And I can say: It´s not the phone (got my device swapped) and not the media card (new one).
    Last edited by Smartie020; 02-18-2012 at 07:27 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Had the same problem and I FIXED it

mark37724 had you half way there ... in options on phone you need to go to memory and scroll down to last line
    "Free Space xxx GB"
    CLICK on it and click on Format
    *WARNING* It will delete all media (photos etc) so back up if you have.
    Your texts and apps will all be safe.
    After that reconnect to MAC / PC and re-Sync music

Good Luck
    Thanked by:
    b_fureel (09-04-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Vallarta Bagel World View Post
    Had the same problem and I FIXED it

mark37724 had you half way there ... in options on phone you need to go to memory and scroll down to last line
    "Free Space xxx GB"
    CLICK on it and click on Format
    *WARNING* It will delete all media (photos etc) so back up if you have.
    Your texts and apps will all be safe.
    After that reconnect to MAC / PC and re-Sync music

Good Luck
    This definitely worked for me. Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Does the formatting option(apps,contacts,etc will not be removed) apply for device memory too? My phone is showing the device memory (6gb) as 96% used and won't allow me to take pictures,etc.. Yet, I have only used 1.6 gigs.. And I really do prefer the option of saving data on my phone as I have a little sister who regularly interferes with my memory card..