Previously before my 8330 went missing, I had loaded stuff from my phone to Desktop Manager software on my p.c.
    Now that I have a new BB 9330, I want to load the new Desktop Manager software that came with this phone on my p.c. but not sure if it will override my exsisting one and if I will lose any videos, pics or data that I already have on the old software. Since I don't have the old phone, I'm not sure how to proceed with this.

Much appreciation for any help given!

Moosie
    03-20-11 02:49 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by "loaded stuff from my phone to Desktop Manaager..." Desktop Manager doesn't store anything. If you made a backup of the 8330 using Desktop Manager, you can restore that backup on your 9330. In that case, it doesn't matter what version of Desktop Manager you are using. If you don't have a backup, and you don't have the phone, the info is already lost.
    03-20-11 05:08 PM
    Thanks Jeff, I guess I should have said "transfer" instead of "loaded".

I don't know much about this stuff but all I know is when I plugged in my data cable, Desktop manager shows all the pictures etc... on my phone. I was assuming it makes a copy of whats on my phone and stores that info onto desktop manager. Then from there i could transfer the pictures etc... to my p.c. folders. Am I wrong?

I haven't really tried any of that and was in the process of exploring it when the old phone went missing. What I gather from what your saying it "doesn't matter what version" so I am assuming i can go ahead and load the new desktop manager software.

Anyways, so your saying it doesn't matter the version as I can "restore the back up on the 9330" SO how do I do that? Pardon the newbie

Thanks for helping!
    03-20-11 10:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD