Tried searching for this type of thread with this specific problem and didn't see any.

As the title states, Desktop Manager consistently freezes and then shuts down every time I try connect my BB 9550 to the Desktop Manager via Bluetooth. It works fine with USB but for some reason it only worked once when connecting to Bluetooth and I have no idea how it did that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    08-08-10 10:16 AM
    Tried searching for this type of thread with this specific problem and didn't see any.

As the title states, Desktop Manager consistently freezes and then shuts down every time I try connect my BB 9550 to the Desktop Manager via Bluetooth. It works fine with USB but for some reason it only worked once when connecting to Bluetooth and I have no idea how it did that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    BB DM has been known to be picky about the bluetooth stack on the PC. Depending on peripherals installed on your PC, you might be running one of the BT stacks it doesn't talk to happily. For example: with a Logitech BT keyboard installed, I cannot connect my PC via DM to my 8900. I can pair the two devices -- but DM will not operate over the stack provided by Logitech.

First place to investigate -- which BT stack are you running on your PC?
    08-08-10 11:58 AM
    Not to sound ignorant but where do you find out what type of Bluetooth stack you have?
    08-10-10 05:23 PM
    Not to sound ignorant but where do you find out what type of Bluetooth stack you have?
    Try looking in your Control Panel (on the pc) under Bluetooth. You may have an applet for Bluetooth Configuration. If so, it should identify the BT stack and software version. Mine at the moment is WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software 5.0.1.2500 -- which, unfortunately, does not play nicely with Desktop Manager.

Start there and tell us what you see.
    08-10-10 10:45 PM
    there are instructions in the link below that will tell you how to set it up with the ms bluetooth stack. it works. i have a lenovo t61p that was using lenovo's software so i had to remove that and uninstall the bluetooth etc but bottom line is this works. good luck.

How to use the Native Bluetooth Drivers with Most Bluetooth Adapters - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    08-11-10 09:24 AM
    i just sync the contacts etc and don't do the backup. mine only takes a couple of minutes max to do that.
    08-11-10 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD