I used desktop manager to try to install pdf to go reader software on my bberry. It had an option to remove Messenger 4.7, which I thought was ok, since I was running 5.0. Actually the only options it gave me were to remove 4.7 or downgrade. I couldn't select "nothing" so I chose remove. Now bbm is gone, and when I go to the appworld to reinstall it, it only gives me the option to "run". When I click run, nothing happens. I can't use bbm.

So, I restored to a few days old version, thinking it'd reimport my bbm info, but it didn't work.

No bbm, no bbm contacts, kinda unhappy .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    11-23-09 10:51 PM
    Did you have your contacts backed up in the BBM 5 system? I actually ended up with 2 BBMs and no way to access them. Deleted them off my Curve, reloaded the BBM 5 from this link, and did a restore from contacts backup, and everything rebuilt itself in moments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-09 10:59 PM
    11-23-09 11:01 PM
    I tried that, except I can't load bbm at all! The app won't run on my bberry.
    11-23-09 11:02 PM
    weird, when i went to the link to d/l it, it said replace version 5.0.0.33 with version 5.0.0.33
    11-23-09 11:04 PM
    Ok, got something new: after it was d/led it says "Uncaught exception error, missing core files" or something similar to that.

Dang how did desktop manager F*** my berry up SO MUCH?!
    11-23-09 11:13 PM
    At this point, if you've gotten into that, you might seriously consider doing a wipe after you back up your data and reload your OS. It would probably be more efficient than banging your head against the wall in frustration.

11-23-09 11:21 PM
    Ok, I fixed it. Reinstalled messenger and it managed to reload successfuly. Plus 5.0 saved all my conversations and pins.

Note to self: don't use desktop manager. Awful piece of software.

I should know, I'm a software developer.

Ok, got something new: after it was d/led it says "Uncaught exception error, missing core files" or something similar to that.

Dang how did desktop manager F*** my berry up SO MUCH?!
    11-23-09 11:23 PM
    weird, when i went to the link to d/l it, it said replace version 5.0.0.33 with version 5.0.0.33
    Yeah, that would be normal. When I updated my OS, I goofed and loaded 4.5 BBM, with 5.0.0.33 already installed. It deleted my icon, so I deleted 4.5, .33 was still in app list. I downloaded from the link I posted, I let it load over the bad .33, and I then had a blank BBM. I went to restore contacts and it reloaded from my online backup, as I was doing all of this wirelessly.

11-23-09 11:26 PM
    Thanks for your help though. And yes I'm embarassed to admit that I can write complex AI algorithms, but can't load software to my bberry.

11-23-09 11:27 PM
    Ok, I fixed it. Reinstalled messenger and it managed to reload successfuly. Plus 5.0 saved all my conversations and pins.

Note to self: don't use desktop manager. Awful piece of software.

I should know, I'm a software developer.

That's alright. Imagine the few moments of WTF did I just do and no computer backup within 800 miles.

11-23-09 11:27 PM
    That online backup has saved me twice already. Thankful to have it.

11-23-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD