and needs to close. I get this error message everytime I try to configure desktop manager to sync my blackberry with my computer. I have tried many solutions that were posted. Nothing works. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    03-26-09 04:34 PM
    Are you using Vista or XP? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM?
    03-26-09 04:40 PM
    XP
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. It is getting very annoying!
    03-26-09 04:43 PM
    XP
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. It is getting very annoying!

This sounds like an XP issue instead of a DM issue. Do you have all of the latest patches? Your system might be corrupted in some way.
    03-26-09 05:08 PM
    I found this on the net but it might help you out:

"Open up the Desktop Manager. The fifth icon in the display reads "Synchronize". Double click on that to open it. If Automatic Synchronization is checked, uncheck it. The next steps will try to isolate where the issue is coming from.

Now on the top of that same screen, there is a tab labelled Configuration. Click on that. Select "Configure Synch". If it is greyed out, it is likely that your Blackberry is not connected. Go ahead and connect your blackberry to the computer.

Now you will see the four areas that can be synchronized. Uncheck all by one and then select OK. Go back to the "Synchronize" tab and select "Synchronize Now". Do this for all areas that you are synchronizing.

In my case, the issue was caused by "Tasks". Right after synchronizing Tasks, the application crashed but not with the other items of Address Book or Contacts. So, the issue, in my case, was with "tasks".

Just performing this task, cleared the corrupted data for me. Once everything is working, you can reset the Automatic Synchronization back to being checked and you can select all of the areas you want synchronized."
    03-26-09 05:10 PM
    and needs to close. I get this error message everytime I try to configure desktop manager to sync my blackberry with my computer. I have tried many solutions that were posted. Nothing works. Does anyone have any other ideas?
    It would help to know what version of DM you're using.
    03-26-09 05:15 PM
    i'm having a similar problem. I'm running DM 4.7, and it wont even start synching to my storm. I tried going to synch settings, and it can't even connect to that. on a side note- i am able to back-up the phone and able to effect the installed programs and such...
    04-16-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD