Hello all,

I have a quick question. When loading a "backed up IPD" file using desktop manager, does this combine your current contacts/calender appointments, etc. with whatever that is in the backup or does it remove whatever that is currently on the phone and replace it with whatever that is on the backup.

In other words, does the backup replace what you have, or add to??

Let me know, thank you.
    06-02-10 05:40 PM
    If you "restore" data from an IPD file, it will OVERWRITE the data in the database on the device.
    06-02-10 07:13 PM
    is there any other way around this?

The reason I ask is because my phone suffered water damage, but was repaired (the keyboard was the only thing not working).

Everything on the phone works flawlessy now, except I noticed a few dozen contacts missing (i have no clue why)...except my last backup was a month ago, so I was wondering I can combine my current contacts list and the one from a month ago?

Any more advice? Truely appreciate it.
    06-02-10 07:23 PM
    Google Sync can help.
    06-02-10 07:54 PM
    Okay update. I found a program called ABC Amber IPD Merger that seems to merge IPD files.

Here's the weird thing. I plugged my blackberry into desktop manager, and it did a 5.0 upgrade. Once it did it, those missing contacts were back. I have no clue what happened?? So I never had to use the merger
    06-03-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD