Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Desktop Manager 7.1, No option to sync with Outlook 2010

Hello Everyone,

Need a little help. I recently reformatted my system and installed Windows 7 x64 and Office 2010. After installing DM, I found that there was no option to sync organizer data with Outlook 2010. I did a bunch of internet searching, but most of what I found was related to much older versions of DM or an older issue where Office 2010 was not well supported. I also found KB02362.

I got to step 5

Step 5 - The MsOutlookConnector.fil file did not register correctly during installation.

I cannot find the path it suggests:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector\

I do have

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

But all that contains is a readme and an icon. I am not even sure if this is the correct path. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Thumbs up Re: Desktop Manager 7.1, No option to sync with Outlook 2010

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling BB DTM a second time, when that didn't work I proceeded to a repair of Microsoft Office. After restarting my computer Microsoft Outlook is now an option to sync organizer content with.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Thanked by:
    daveycrocket (11-01-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Desktop Manager 7.1, No option to sync with Outlook 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOrlando02 View Post
    I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling BB DTM a second time, when that didn't work I proceeded to a repair of Microsoft Office. After restarting my computer Microsoft Outlook is now an option to sync organizer content with.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Hi I want to thankyou for your post, I have been thinking about changing to a 64 bit system and got myself concerned on reading your post but I did some research and like yourself found nothing relevent, if I had I would have posted. So it looks like a problem in the outlook connector which I think was a problem on XP 64 bit.
    Anyway thanks
    PS By the way was your phone connected to your computer on restart (USB I guess)
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default outlook 2010. unable to sync calender

Since installing Windows 7-64 bit I am unable to sync Outlook 2010 calender with my Torch 9810. I'm getting tired of having to figure out RIM. No more Blackberrys for me. I've been a Blackberry user since 2006, enough with the neverchanging junk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gypsymoth View Post
    Since installing Windows 7-64 bit I am unable to sync Outlook 2010 calender with my Torch 9810. I'm getting tired of having to figure out RIM. No more Blackberrys for me. I've been a Blackberry user since 2006, enough with the neverchanging junk
    Did you try the ms office repair like the above suggestion?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Actually someone just posted about an update to DTM so it's worth updating that too, link to the download and discussion in this thread Desktop software 7.1 (pack35) update