This stuff isn't that complicated guys DM is not OS.
    08-11-10 10:25 AM
    On a side note I have my BBM pin in my profile if you add me just let me know your on CrackBerry. I don't know as much as other people about BBs but I'm willing to help and friendly chats are welcome too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 10:25 AM
    I installed DM v.6 this morning, but I'm uninstalling it and putting v. 5 back in. Here's my experience with v6:
    1. Nicer looking interface than v.5. That's good.
    2. No "Hide when minimized" option. That's bad.
    3. Doesn't appear to automatically sync when I put the BB onto the USB cable. That's bad.
    4. Doesn't have the "transfer info from one device to another" utility that v.5 has. That's very bad.
    5. My impression is that v.6 is even slower than v.5.
    08-11-10 12:04 PM
    As a long-time BB user, I've had a nightmare of a week with my Bold 9650 (between BES issues and BB Desktop 6).

Here's my issue, and wondering if anyone else has seen this:

1. Installed Desktop 6 (no problem)
    2. It performed an initial backup/sync (also no problem/errors)
    3. This morning, my Call Log was EMPTY. All new calls were not being logged/reported.

So...

4. I restored my phone call log and phone history, yet it was still blank.
    5. However, new calls are now reported, and show history from past calls (inbound/outbound/missed).

Anyone else?
    08-11-10 12:19 PM
    The new DM 6 is easier to use compared to DM 5. I'm waiting for the clanshell since my other dream phone the Torch went to AT&T. In the mean while I will wait for the OS6 to come which will mean new hybrids. My only problem is I can never her them to install my phone always reboots to the basic 4.2 platform.

The torch wont always be for att. it will go to other carriers a few months after its release
    08-11-10 01:02 PM
    i cant get it to launch. it fails everytime...lovely.
    08-11-10 01:09 PM
    4. Doesn't have the "transfer info from one device to another" utility that v.5 has. That's very bad.
    I noticed that too, at least one of my laptops still has DM 5 so I'll have to use that when I get a new BB.
    08-11-10 02:16 PM
    Yes it does, menu > device > Switch devices.

I noticed it still has the issue of wanting to update my core 5.0 files.... um. no.
    Otherwise, very nice. clean design... easier to use. Very cool
    08-11-10 02:22 PM
    Yes it does, menu > device > Switch devices.

I noticed it still has the issue of wanting to update my core 5.0 files.... um. no.
    Otherwise, very nice. clean design... easier to use. Very cool
    But you need BBM 5.0! I hated that part. I thought it was an updated version without looking at the version number and ended up screwing up more stuff than needed.
    08-11-10 04:00 PM
    Lindros did you back it up using simple or advanced with 6.0? @Joey thank you for reminding me about the Torch hitting other carriers soon.

08-11-10 06:08 PM
    It will not connect to my 9700. Any trick?

08-11-10 06:39 PM
    Dagda what do you mean by not connecting? Does your computer not read it or the DM6 not recognize it?
    08-11-10 08:00 PM
    Installed with no problem, but getting the following error when I try to configure sync:

"Intellisync. Unknown Error Encountered"

All I can do is hit OK. Nothing gets configured.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    08-11-10 09:52 PM
    i hope everyone can dl it cause everytime i hit install it comes up with an error causing it to crash this sucks.
    08-12-10 02:46 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD