Hello all,

I searched this issues and nothing came up so...I making this thread/post to see if anyone else has come across this.

I've just recently installed Desktop Manager 6. Everything works fine with syncing with Outlook, backups and third

part application backups. My only minor problem with "APPLICATIONS". With my Storm 2 connected...I would press

applications and it would say that I have "Blackberry Core 5.0.0 Core Applications Update" - greyed out.

I would scroll down to usually look for the application that says "Update Available" but as you can see from the

STATUS column, you can see that everything is installed and there no available updates under any application.

I went to apply it just in case I may have missed something and it goes through its process including waiting for the

phone to reboot. Upon rebooting I'm back to square one saying that I have core applications update with RED ASTERISK

again????

My phone works fine without any issues. Is this a bug in DM 6?

All comments/advice appreciated!

08-21-10 12:28 PM
    I had the same thing for my 9530. Like you, the phone works fine. I wondered if it had to do with available application memory as indicated at the bottom on that slider. Mine showed a warning of nearly full, then I changed the setting for how much to leave available and the warning went away. Maybe the S1 just doesn't have enough memory for whatever core apps need updating. Will be curious to see what others have to say on this, but for now am just ignoring it..
    08-21-10 01:04 PM
    I had the same thing for my 9530. Like you, the phone works fine. I wondered if it had to do with available application memory as indicated at the bottom on that slider. Mine showed a warning of nearly full, then I changed the setting for how much to leave available and the warning went away. Maybe the S1 just doesn't have enough memory for whatever core apps need updating. Will be curious to see what others have to say on this, but for now am just ignoring it..
    Agreed! I'm just going to ignore this as well. What worries me though...is when the time comes when there is an actual "UPDATE" available, will it go through this as well and not have the UPDATE installed?

Only time will tell...
    08-21-10 01:30 PM
    I have the same issue. The last time I updated my OS to 5.0.0.732 I did it OTA. Did any of you? I don't think desktop manager is realizing this.
    09-13-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD