My phone crashed on me. Is there a way to retrieve a phone number from my blackberry software on my computer?
    10-04-10 04:31 PM
    Did you previously do a backup using BlackBerry Desktop Manager?
    10-04-10 04:44 PM
    yes i did. That morning
    10-04-10 04:53 PM
    If you are just looking to retrieve the number(s), then get ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter software (There's a free trial.) on your computer and you can open the .IPD file created by the backup.

If you are looking to restore the data to that BlackBerry or to another BlackBerry, then use the "Restore" function in BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select that .IPD file as the source of the data.
    10-04-10 05:27 PM
    yes i did. That morning
    If there's nothing wrong with your device, plug it in, open Desktop Manager and do a restore.

Desktop Manager 6 - go to Device drop-down in top left, select Restore. Pay attention to the time and date of the file it wants to use and make sure you get the one you did earlier just in case your device is automatically backed up when DM starts up.

Desktop Manager 5 - Backup/Restore should be on the main screen, again pay attention in case it automatically backs up.
    10-04-10 05:29 PM
    If you are just looking to retrieve the number(s), then get ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter software (There's a free trial.) on your computer and you can open the .IPD file created by the backup.

If you are looking to restore the data to that BlackBerry or to another BlackBerry, then use the "Restore" function in BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select that .IPD file as the source of the data.
    Sorry, didn't mean to type on your toes.
    10-04-10 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD