Yesterday I upgraded my Desktop Manager from v4.6 to 5.01 on one PC and today I did the same thing on another PC and DM says there are upgrades available for my Bold again. Yesterday, I also updated the OS to the latest AT&T v4.6.0.304 so there shouldn't be any updates again, right?

Do I need to press Cancel every time I connect my Bold to my second PC which is at another location BTW? Or, am I being prompted because the latest AT&T OS (.304) update is not installed on my PC?

Also, I opened BlackBerry Messenger and my contacts were missing so I went to a backup file and I guess I did the right thing. The next time I started BM it asked me if I wanted to get a Restore from my email account. Anyhow, it's working now. Did I need to do a Resore from a Backup file?

Thanks for any info.

-Rich
    11-12-09 02:03 PM
    It's annoying. Regardless, DM will do this no matter what.

And for BBM contacts, yes. Keep it backed up in case your Bold goes ape **** on you. It happens.
    11-12-09 02:12 PM
    Ok, so just don't ever click the update button when connecting to my second PC?

Thanks.

-Rich

It's annoying. Regardless, DM will do this no matter what.

And for BBM contacts, yes. Keep it backed up in case your Bold goes ape **** on you. It happens.
    11-12-09 02:22 PM
    I have a question too about this 5.0.1 DM... why when i boot up my computer DM would always start up when i spcifically setup it up through options that i do not want to DM to startup. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    11-13-09 06:56 AM
    Remove the shortcut in your startup folder. It happened to me to after I installed it.
    11-13-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD