I upgraded to a new Laptop using 7 Pro/Office 2010, and then installed desktop 7.10 bb33. The setup device and backup went fine but when i sync to get my contacts into Outlook I get a error.

CRTranRec::GetLinkedid

Blackberry isn't much help.

KB31008-Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

I cannot find an older version of desktop every link i google has been replaced with 7.10bb033.

Thank you
    09-17-12 03:39 PM
    try this link...had the same problem myself

BlackBerry Desktop Manager
    09-17-12 04:15 PM
    Did you use that download and resolve the issue? I have the same one, but the download appears to be in German? Thanks, lisa
    11-07-12 11:23 AM
    it looks like it is multi language
    11-07-12 11:34 AM
    so you download it and then what? How does my BB desktop manager know to look at it? Sorry, bit of a novice on the IT end, but a loyal BB user for 6 years. Thanks.
    11-07-12 11:35 AM
    Using software version 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236)
    11-07-12 11:38 AM
    So when I download it - it's an OLDER version. Are you suggesting that I remove the Newer version and run the OLDER version and this sync issue will go away? Many thanks, L
    11-07-12 11:51 AM
    Using software version 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236)
    This download is Desktop version 6.1 bundle 38, I think your talking about the phone software which appears on the front of desktop manager.
    So Open desktop manager and click on the ? right hand top corner click about Desktop and it will open another window which will give you the version number at the top
    Funfitesq likes this.
    11-07-12 12:00 PM
    This maybe a fault with your contacts, it looks that way, this could be in outlook or in the phone.It looks like there is an entre with no data in it
    If you use outlook to sync with look through them to see if there are any unfilled contacts, also check the phone for the same thing. Maybe upload your contacts etc to BB protect so at least you have a backup which will sync.
    11-07-12 12:33 PM
    hello, i'm pretty new to BlackBerry - i have a bold 9790 and have exactly the same problem! it syncs about half my contacts - i'm doing a one way sync from my phone to outlook - about 150 won't sync and it appears to be random ones that aren't working.......
    11-23-12 03:08 AM
    Try to refresh all of the BlackBerry contacts which you have connected to the native facebook app to sync the photos... I had resolved the CRTranRec error by doing this. Let me know if this worked for you!
    12-26-12 09:38 PM
    Easy Way : go through your contact until you find contact with facebook picture profile , the empty picture which normally in your facebook profile before you assign a photo to, just delete this type of pictures and will work, Desktop error "CRTranREC::GetLinkedRecordid"-capture1.jpg

long way : I found out the address book records with picture not there (from Facebook appl) by this method.

In Tools-Desktop Options-Configure Sync Logging Options set Logging Method-Full (default is None).

Then do the sync, when error comes and sync finishes; under Help (? on top right hand side) select 'Support Resources'->'Organizer Sync Logs' (this html file is saved under
    C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Log).

Open the file in browser or html editor. Go to bottom. Go up a few lines and you will find the entry with the picture problem, this is the last entery before the orange line , each entery contain 20 fields.

Go to blackberry handset address book, locate the address and delete the picture.

Again resync and repeat this process till you don't get any more sync error.
    lifeinview and Simon Ng like this.
    02-17-13 08:35 AM
    I have been fighting with this all day. I used your suggestion, found two pictures to delete, and now everything syncs. I should have come to Crackberry earlier!
    02-28-13 05:23 PM
    Easy Way : go through your contact until you find contact with facebook picture profile , the empty picture which normally in your facebook profile before you assign a photo to, just delete this type of pictures and will work, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	136366

long way : I found out the address book records with picture not there (from Facebook appl) by this method.

In Tools-Desktop Options-Configure Sync Logging Options set Logging Method-Full (default is None).

Then do the sync, when error comes and sync finishes; under Help (? on top right hand side) select 'Support Resources'->'Organizer Sync Logs' (this html file is saved under
    C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Log).

Open the file in browser or html editor. Go to bottom. Go up a few lines and you will find the entry with the picture problem, this is the last entery before the orange line , each entery contain 20 fields.

Go to blackberry handset address book, locate the address and delete the picture.

Although it took me quite awhile to solve this issue, but nonetheless it works! Cause it took quite awhile for it to load on my browser...
    03-28-13 06:02 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. Worked like a charm

Easy Way : go through your contact until you find contact with facebook picture profile , the empty picture which normally in your facebook profile before you assign a photo to, just delete this type of pictures and will work, Click image for larger version. 

04-11-13 02:12 PM

I have tried this now for hours and i still couldn't solve the problem! i uploaded all the pictures of my contacts, searched for any "empty facebook pictures" or contacts that were linked to facebook accounts that didn't exist anymore! however, nothing happened!
    I still receive the notifications " CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record" or "CRTranRec::GetFieldTemplate : Database is corrupt"!
    I followed your steps and found the file, but unfortunately (i am not such a computer whizz) I couldn't figure anything out of those many numbers!
    Example: "21:03:27.825 Error Information: 12061 (00002f1d) (KnownErrorWithHardcodedText), Description: CRTranRec::GetFieldTemplate : Database is corrupt, File: .\Record.cpp, Line: 2653"... how do i know which contact this is related to? in my view, there are just numbers =(!

Thank you so much for any help!
    06-04-13 02:34 PM
    Manage to resolve this issue. I think it is about the facebook synchronization with your BB.

I remove all the facebook contact images and synchronization within my BB and it is now working fine...YEAAA!!

Basically I try to find all my facebook friends that has synchronization in my contact. I just remove their image and the synchronization fields (this is just additional measure that I've improvised after few times trying to analyse those logs )

Thanks
    Syahril

I have tried this now for hours and i still couldn't solve the problem! i uploaded all the pictures of my contacts, searched for any "empty facebook pictures" or contacts that were linked to facebook accounts that didn't exist anymore! however, nothing happened!
    I still receive the notifications " CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record" or "CRTranRec::GetFieldTemplate : Database is corrupt"!
    I followed your steps and found the file, but unfortunately (i am not such a computer whizz) I couldn't figure anything out of those many numbers!
    Example: "21:03:27.825 Error Information: 12061 (00002f1d) (KnownErrorWithHardcodedText), Description: CRTranRec::GetFieldTemplate : Database is corrupt, File: .\Record.cpp, Line: 2653"... how do i know which contact this is related to? in my view, there are just numbers =(!

Thank you so much for any help!
    Last edited by Syahril Abidin; 06-13-13 at 02:21 AM.
    06-13-13 01:24 AM
    I managed to solve mine by using the log feature of blackberry desktop software. Good thing there are only 2 offending entries.

The bad thing about BB desktop software is that it quits once it encounters the culprit entry. Thus, when you have more than a handful of it, you will have to repeat this process (sync -> review log -> delete troublesome entry -> sync) x n number of entries, will consume a log of time!

Hopeful this helps everyone.
    Henry
    06-16-13 11:33 PM
    i am completely lost - this is with the BB Bold 9900 - i am not connecting contacts to Facebook

Please help
    07-15-13 10:09 AM
    i did what you said but it doesnt appear to be a photo ?

16:16:33.132 Exit COLTransBase::SetField
    16:16:33.188 Error: BAIL_IF_FAIL_OR_NULL - Method failed or pointer is null File: .\OlAccess.cpp, Line: 5831
    16:16:33.189 CRSyncUtil::GetTranslator : FeedProfileShim2Trans (Loaded Trans) Outlook
    16:16:33.189 CRSyncUtil::FeedProfileShim2Trans : returns 0
    16:16:33.189 CRSyncUtil::LogFatalTransError : 'SetRecurringRecord()' API of 'MSOl' translator for 'Calendar' application returned empty error
    16:16:33.268 Engine working - message event complete for messageId 15014 Completing Synchronization Actions.
    16:16:33.268 Ending Status Update for BlackBerry Calendar
    16:16:33.269 CBBTransBase::Close - Mode: 3
    07-15-13 10:23 AM
    Thank you so much!
    The solution works very well.
    07-24-13 12:55 AM
    The solution is here. It took me forever to find the answer, but this solved the problem for me (DM 7.1, BB 9900)

Sync Error all of a sudden... - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
    07-24-13 08:31 PM
    I have no contacts with pictures and the ones for which there is the error don't even have a Facebook account. I carried out the procedure and this is what I found:

16:26:23.761 Logging Verbosity Set To '2' - Logging Enabled
    16:26:25.467 Error Information: 12004 (00002ee4) (KnownErrorWithHardcodedText), Description: CRTransColl::SetDSTransInfoByName Empty nodelist for tag: CommonTransTypeAndAttributes, File: .\TransInfo.cpp, Line: 595
    16:26:25.588 SyncAPI logging for product
    16:26:25.589 Sync started at 06/11/2012 16:26:25 (06/11/2012 15:26:25 UTC)
    16:26:25.589 SDK Version is 7.1
    16:26:25.589 Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    16:26:25.718 SyncObject::CreateProfile
    16:26:25.735 SyncObject::SetActiveProfile
    16:26:25.736 SyncObject::CreateProfile

I would be very grateful for any help you can provide me.
    07-31-13 05:10 AM
    I tried this method (the long way) and it worked perfectly.

many thanks.
    08-26-13 11:20 AM
    Thanks, your solution(s) worked for me, much appreciated.
    09-16-13 03:08 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD