Ok, so I went to the Verizon place a couple of days ago to see if they could get my phone to stop freezing and running slow. Well they accidentally deleted over half my pictures and my phone is the only place I have those pictures. Well luckily, I thought, I have a backup file and my pictures will be on there. But whenever I try to run it I get the error "data not recognized by desktop!" Some of these pictures are really really important to me and I want them back. Is there anything I can do to make the backup file work? Will it even contain the pictures? I have a blackberry storm and the verizon place said I have the most updated software. Thanks for the help!
    05-01-10 11:35 AM
    If you know a solution please please help me!! I had pictures of my high school sweetheart on there that passed away. Those are the only places I have those pictures and I want them back if at all possible. I am very upset about it and nobody has responded. Please help if you know how! I am technology illiterate!
    05-07-10 12:17 PM
    How are you trying to restore the backup?

Have you opened Desktop Manager (DM), gone to backup/restore and then clicked on restore? Usually it will find the last backup. You can also browse to the backup file.

The backup file should be named something like this:

Backup-(2010-05-07).cab if it was created today. The date should be the date you did the backup.

If the backup was created automatically when you installed an OS, it will be found in your Documents directory and will be named something like this:

LoaderBackkup-(2010-05-07).ipd

As stated above, you should be able to browse to the file you want from DM
    05-07-10 01:03 PM
    That's how I did it. when I picked the file from the last backup I made and tried to run it I got the data not recognized by desktop error. It would try to run for a few seconds before the error popped up.
    05-13-10 04:03 PM
    Your photos should have been on your media card. I dont think DM backs up media card, but could be wrong. Have tried plugging your phone in to the computer and search the media card? Dont know why Verizon would have even been on that to delete? could happen I guess.
    05-13-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD