I'm surprised there's no thread for this yet...but I was hoping someone would have a solution to converting Mac .bbb to PC .ipd files. This tool (http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html) only converts from .ipd to .bbb

Thanks!
    04-14-10 09:30 AM
    Change the extension of the .BBB file to .Zip and extract it.
    The folder named "databases" contain the .ipd file.
    emory1 and JamHussla like this.
    06-06-10 11:38 AM
    Any word on how to convert the .BBB file to .IPD, now? BBB file generated by DM7 does not contain an IPD in the database directory.
    11-15-11 09:40 PM
    Download 7.0.0.32 it will restore the new format.
    ab0rt, 900098009900 and neelzz like this.
    11-23-11 09:00 PM
    uncltom I love you right now. For some reason BB Desktop Mgr (latest version of 6) for PC saved my LoaderBackup as a .bbb not an .ipd and then corrupted everything mid-update. I reloaded the software but couldn't get the backup restored until I read this.
    12-16-11 12:49 PM
    I've just gone through the exact same issue as above mentioned and it has taken me about 2 hours to fix. thank god for crackberry!
    01-19-12 02:04 PM
    Restoring as we speak!!!

Spent the whole evening trying to figure this out, Thanksss
    01-22-12 03:41 PM
    I've just gone through the exact same issue as above mentioned and it has taken me about 2 hours to fix. thank god for crackberry!
    how do you resolved that problem? ... first use the version .44 for the backup and i got a bbb file (cant restore that) then i was installed the 7.0.0.32 version and dont let me neither restore backup (dont recognizes bbb file) ... this is really amazing
    Sorry for my english
    02-17-12 03:49 PM
    how do you resolved that problem? ... first use the version .44 for the backup and i got a bbb file (cant restore that) then i was installed the 7.0.0.32 version and dont let me neither restore backup (dont recognizes bbb file) ... this is really amazing
    Sorry for my english
    Try uninstalling Desktop through the Control Panel, reboot the PC, and install it again.
    02-18-12 08:31 AM
    I don't understand. I'm trying to restore my backup or my loaderbackup,but its in .bbb format. Even after I zip it and there's a .ipd file in it,BB DM doesn't allow to restore the content for some reason. I'm stuck with out all my data and I feel naked! Can somebody talk me through the process and give me a solution that works.
    02-22-12 04:15 PM
    I'm having the same problem too, i use the ABC Amber Blackberry Converter to view all my back up files...and now i can't because the new 7.0 DM version is putting my backup files to bbb and not a ipd. This is so frustrating lol. I made a new thread...
    02-22-12 04:24 PM
    I don't understand. I'm trying to restore my backup or my loaderbackup,but its in .bbb format. Even after I zip it and there's a .ipd file in it,BB DM doesn't allow to restore the content for some reason. I'm stuck with out all my data and I feel naked! Can somebody talk me through the process and give me a solution that works.
    This is the solution:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...needed-671919/

I'm having the same problem too, i use the ABC Amber Blackberry Converter to view all my back up files...and now i can't because the new 7.0 DM version is putting my backup files to bbb and not a ipd. This is so frustrating lol. I made a new thread...
    I'll have to test it out, but I'd bet DM6.1 would still work for your model. The big question would be will an older Loader.exe work. I have a feeling that's a yes too. Worst case scenario, if reading backups means that much to you, would be switching back and forth between Desktop versions.
    02-22-12 05:21 PM
    Thanks BigBadWulf, i am just a bit worried that if i downgrade that none of them will work lol, i have read so many people having that problem...
    02-23-12 12:23 PM
    Thanks BigBadWulf, i am just a bit worried that if i downgrade that none of them will work lol, i have read so many people having that problem...
    Knowing what BB and PC OS you have would help. I see problems posted about everything. Don't let that ever deter you from experimenting. You'd never upgrade any OS, if you read through the threads first.
    02-23-12 03:59 PM
    That is true! I have a Blackberry Curve 9360 and my computer is a Vista 32-bit. Thanks.
    02-25-12 09:18 AM
    Hi,

You just have to change the extension from .bbb to .zip and you should see the .ipd file within, as previously suggested. If you wish to extract files from your IPD backup, you may use the Blackberry Backup Extractor tool at blackberryconverter.com. Hope this helps.
    02-28-12 04:34 AM
    Oh man, I just registered to CB just to say thank you for this post!!!

Had exactly the same issue: DM 6.1(?) created .bbb backup, then messed during BB OS install, and then DM6 was not able to restore (not even recognize) the .bbb file it had created a few minutes earlier (WTF??)... DM7 (which I downloaded here: http://forums.crackberry.com/desktop...needed-671919/) saved my day though, recognized and restored the .bbb file to my BB...

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 03-01-12 at 12:59 PM. Reason: language
    03-01-12 12:49 PM
    I do not see any .IPD files in the .BBB (when I rename it .ZIP). All I see are a whiole lot of sequentially numbered .DAT files.
    03-07-12 10:47 AM
    I do not see any .IPD files in the .BBB (when I rename it .ZIP). All I see are a whiole lot of sequentially numbered .DAT files.
    Yep, no ipd in there. I was starting to get worried. Good I found this thread.
    03-10-12 04:44 PM
    Yes, it seems BB changed the backup format to .dat in the .bbb backups. BlackBerry Backup Extractor will do the job for you, tho'. Works like a charm when extracting so it should work for you too.
    03-13-12 09:53 AM
    Hi sorry i have been moving house so i have been unable to get on the internet to reply. I'm going to try all the suggested things out, i just hope something works. I have tried changing the file type manually before and it didn't have any of the ipd files :/
    03-16-12 05:32 PM
    Download MagicBerry 3.5 the new version, will convert and parse BBB (Mac, Windows) in addition to IPD file:

http://www.menastep.com/MagicBerry.exe

Regards,
    04-03-12 02:06 PM
    what the heck is all this bob to zip to ipd? I just used DM 7.0.0.43 to do a backup on my xp machine. Now i find out its no good. this thread goes back so far what is the current news? I am no good at switching , changing always shifting around crap. dang whatever happen to it just works. I'm no techie and I want something to work and work well. Be it apple, android , blackberry . I really don't care
    04-04-12 10:33 AM
    so you mean if I do nothing and need the backup one day then I will not be able to use it since its in .bbb format? If thats the case then how far back do I need to roll back my DM so that it will backup in the correct format?
    04-04-12 05:33 PM
    .bbb is the new backup format. When you do a recovery you do the recovery with the .bbb instead of the .ipd files. RIM decided to use a different format.
    04-04-12 05:50 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD