I tried the new BB desktop manager for Mac. It worked OK, but all of my contacts were replaced with something saying "DTM Placeholder Record."

I tried syncing with my old PocketMac and simply overwriting my device, but that doesn't work. I can't get rid of these placeholders and can't get my contacts to show up.

Any advice?
    10-14-09 08:47 AM
    I had the same problem with my Blackberry Curve syncing with my IMac G5. Just to make sure we are on the same page, I'm running 10.5.8 (Leopard on the Mac) and I'm running 4.5.0.138 on my BB Curve. After my first sync, I noticed that DTM Placeholder Record on my BB Contact List. I also noticed that it was not on my computer's contact list. So I checked the number of contacts on both my BB and Imac and found they were identical. I tried deleting and editting it out, but they both did not work. I contacted Verizon, Mac, and RIM, and they all were baffled as well, except for 1 technician named Neera. She had me, back up my whole BB by doing a FULL BACKUP when I synced. I then instructed me to go into the Options, then choose Security Options, General Settings, press the BB menu key choose Wipe Handheld and sit and wait! Then after it's done, you hook up your BB to your mac via the micro/USB cable. After the initial sync, choose Device, highlight Restore, and click. Then wait. Your handheld will then reset and everything should come back to normal WITHOUT the DTM Placeholder Record. I suggest that before you do these steps, you call customer support at RIM or your plan carrier, as the operating systems and software variations might affect the outcome. Hope this helps, Good Luck!
    10-30-09 04:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD