I recently purchased the Documents To Go Premier version 2.0000.032 and installed to my Verizon 8330 Curve with no problems. I also installed the Docs To Go Files (file browser) of the same version.

I am running BB Desktop Manager version 5.0.1.18. As usual, when I connect my BB to the computer and run Add or Remove Applications in DM, the DM displays all my currently installed apps by name along with a possible Action, Version, and Size of each app.

By Documents To Go it has 1.000.080 (the older version I had before my purchase of the Premier upgrade) under "Version". I have verified that the version on my phone is the Premier version 2.0000.032, but this does not show up in DM. It shows the older version. Also, it has "Downgrade" in the Action column. If I uncheck the Documents To Go box, the Action changes from "Downgrade" to "Remove".

I messed up once already and unchecked the box for Docs2Go and removed it thinking I would remove the old version (maybe it was still on the BB, I wasn't sure). It removed my Docs to Go app completely (my new Premier version). Luckily I was able to re-download and install it again.

Now I am afraid everytime I run DM to install or remove other apps that I am going to mess up my Docs to Go again. If I uncheck the box it will remove my Docs to Go again. If I leave the box checked, the Action is "Downgrade", so is it going to revert the app back to the old version?

What can I do here? Why does DM not show my new Docs to Go Premier version? If I leave the box checked will it truly "Downgrade" my Docs To Go to the older version?

I am very confused about how this works. Would appreciate all help and input I can get.

Thanks,
    Tony
    11-16-09 03:24 PM
    I would think if you backed up the device or backup 3rd party apps that the new version would then be on your pc replacing the older one..
    11-16-09 03:29 PM
    Every time you connect and sync, D2G will be downgraded to whatever is on the OS loaded on your desktop. DataViz tech support told me the only way around it is uninstall the BlackBerry OS from the PC (no need to remove the downloaded file, just go to your PC's Control Panel and uninstall it using Add/Remove Programs). This was several months ago, so they may have fixed this little nuisance by now but it doesn't sound like they did.

Edit: if you ever need to do anything with that OS, the same thing will happen, so make sure you record your D2G activation code somewhere - you'll need it when you re-install the Premium version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 11-16-09 at 05:12 PM.
    11-16-09 05:09 PM
    And they still havent fixed it
    12-10-09 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD