Ok so I've read countless posts on this, yet I still cannot get my device to work. To make a long story short:

- Original BBDM 4.2. One day stopped working requesting 8100.msi file. Tried to uninstall and it would not allow me to do so.

- Installed BBDM 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, & 5.0 and non of them work. On the first connection of the device to pc, it recognizes the device, picks up on the pin, and starts to run some process. A few seconds later, it disconnects telling me that nothing is connected PIN=None.

I have tried uninstalling all versions of the BBDM from my computer. I've got into the registry and removed everything that I could find that had to do with RIM. I've deleted the RIM folder, and all folders related to RIM from the system, and yet I still cannot connect.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

CR

PD~Device connects without issues on home pc.
    09-30-09 03:02 PM
    Have you tried reinstalling the drivers onto your PC?
    09-30-09 03:22 PM
    Have you tried reinstalling the drivers onto your PC?
    Yeah! I have installed and uninstalled every version of BBDM from 4.2.2 up. Installed the driver only and removed. I have even removed the drivers from the system folder.

??????
    09-30-09 03:37 PM
    Wow, I'm not sure really but I'll see what I can come up with.

In DM, click Options in the top right, then click Connection Options. Do you have USB selected? Try plugging in your BB and seeing what it says there.

I had a similar issue a few weeks back which DM not wanting to load an OS, but I was able to get it to work by rebootigg my phone and computer...though I think my issue was mostly due to running Vista on a Mac through Boot Camp.
    09-30-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks!! I appreciate it!

My only other option would be format and reload the Win OS, but I don't think my IT dept at work would like that too much ;-)

I asked them, but they suggested the same that I have aleardy done....
    09-30-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks!! I appreciate it!

My only other option would be format and reload the Win OS, but I don't think my IT dept at work would like that too much ;-)

I asked them, but they suggested the same that I have aleardy done....
    I'm headed out (from work) for the day but I'll poke around some more tonight and see what I can find. Best of luck, keep me posted.

PIN is in my info if you need me.
    09-30-09 04:06 PM
    Hey, I found this in another thread. It's about the Storm, but it might help.

grey
    CrackBerry Genius
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Dec 2008
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Jancy suggested, first, go to options>memory and make sure you have Mass Storage set to ON.

If that doesn't fix your problem, this has worked for many people:

link to a bat file fix here....Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    Someone else wrote up these great instructions...
    1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).

And here's a link to the thread
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 10-01-09 at 02:44 PM.
    10-01-09 02:32 PM
    Hey Ricky thanks for the post!

I foillowed the isntructions to no avail. I got to the boot rom screen and nothing...the screnn never picked up on the device.

I'll keep trying and let you know.

Thanks for the info!
    10-02-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD