Hi !!!
    I have 1 BIG problem. I get rid of the IT Policy, but when I add a program using the Desktop Manager the FIREWALL COMES BACK ON !!!! AND IT'S BLOCKED with the little red lock, so I can't disable that !!!!!
    Is there a way that I can use Desktop Manager WITHOUT activating and blocking that FIREWALL??
    07-18-09 02:50 AM
    bumpity bump bump
    07-30-09 10:15 AM
    I am having this same problem. Would love if someone had the answer. I can't back up my phone without the desktop manager locking the firewall on my device. Resetting my device back to factory has begun to get old.

This is a personal device and I've never been connected to BES
    08-22-09 06:01 PM
    I am having this same problem. Would love if someone had the answer. I can't back up my phone without the desktop manager locking the firewall on my device. Resetting my device back to factory has begun to get old.

Same problem here. Have you guys tried uninstalled BB DM? I'm wondering if that will do the trick. Anyway, I've reloaded the OS and just did a wipe, hopefully the firewall is gone. I'm really looking forward to another PDA because this really sucks.
    09-23-09 05:14 PM

So how are you resetting your device back to factory? Are you just using the wipe feature in Options>Security Options>General Settings>Wipe?

If so, that doesn't get rid of the firewall lock for me. Ugh. I work in tech support for a cellular company and I think I'm going to open a ticket to RIM on this.
    09-24-09 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD