Hi all,

I've been a BB user for years so have a fair idea what to do when things go wrong and know my way around fixes and forums etc.

All of a sudden today my 9700 stopped syncing. I sync by USB cable so no bluetooth complicaitons.

When I connect to my laptop (with DM running) it recognises the device and starts a sync as I have the auto sync option ticked. It reads the Outlook address database and then goes to look for the device address database but hangs and eventually returns an Intellisync dialogue box stating

"Error encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3. Check documentation."

I've searched online and through this forum and can't find a clear solution to the problem. It seems the error relates to pictures attached to contacts in Outlook or attachements to calendar events in Outlook.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

Ben
    Last edited by BenEadir; 01-20-10 at 03:30 PM.
    01-20-10 03:27 PM
    I looked at the logs and saw that all the contacts on the device were listed as "unspecified". I deleted the contacts database from the device thinking that would solve the problem but no joy.

When I connect the device DM (V5.0.1.28) sees and registers it as connected but then within a minute or so it drops the connection and says there is nothing connected!! Weird or what?? Becuase it's only staying registered as connected for a minute it won't complete a sync.

Should I just wipe the device and start again?

Ben
    01-20-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD