I've written several posts about BT issues and desktop connectivity. I'm not new to this, I've had all this running flawlessly with an 8830. The Tour, in my opinion, has BT issues and generally poor performance. In some cases pitiful. I've been at this for about 3-4 weeks with the Tour.

In order to get BT sync to my laptop I have to turn off my BT mouse to get it to sync without errors. Ninety percent of the time it works, but not 100%. The 8830 never failed and I didn't have to turn off the mouse.

Yesterday I tried to do a BT backup (and DTM stopped asking to backup every seven days for some reason). Well, it connected and 30 minutes into the backup I cancelled it. Plugged in the USB cable and it was done in about a minute. BT backup worked all the time flawlessly with the 8830.

I use BT with an ST3 handsfree device in my car. It connects all the time and works fine. I have not had any "I can't hear you" complaints.

All-in-all, I'm glad I got the Tour. I mostly like the smaller size and a browser that is useful, not really great but better than the 8830. The Tour is fine, it's not a home run. The pitiful BT performance of what must be a marginal BT radio is sad. I turned in the first Tour for a new one and this one works much better. The first one was completely out-to-lunch.

Anyhow, these are my obervations for what they are worth. I have hope the v5.0 for the OS will fix some of this but I'm not counting on it.
    08-05-09 10:32 AM
    I cant get my Tour to connect to Desktop Manager via bluetooth at all. Can you tell me in "Manage Connections" under <Bluetooth Option> then <Options> scroll down under "Services:" what is checked under the "Serial Port Profile" group?
    08-05-09 11:03 AM
    I have all checked except:
    DUN
    Audio source
    A/V remote control
    08-05-09 11:33 AM
    I use Bluetooth for DM 5 and have no such problems with sync'ing. Seems to work flawlessly - and I have a Bluetooth mouse connected as well, and other Bluetooth devices in the office that are running.

I've written several posts about BT issues and desktop connectivity. I'm not new to this, I've had all this running flawlessly with an 8830. The Tour, in my opinion, has BT issues and generally poor performance. In some cases pitiful. I've been at this for about 3-4 weeks with the Tour.

In order to get BT sync to my laptop I have to turn off my BT mouse to get it to sync without errors. Ninety percent of the time it works, but not 100%. The 8830 never failed and I didn't have to turn off the mouse.

Yesterday I tried to do a BT backup (and DTM stopped asking to backup every seven days for some reason). Well, it connected and 30 minutes into the backup I cancelled it. Plugged in the USB cable and it was done in about a minute. BT backup worked all the time flawlessly with the 8830.

I use BT with an ST3 handsfree device in my car. It connects all the time and works fine. I have not had any "I can't hear you" complaints.

All-in-all, I'm glad I got the Tour. I mostly like the smaller size and a browser that is useful, not really great but better than the 8830. The Tour is fine, it's not a home run. The pitiful BT performance of what must be a marginal BT radio is sad. I turned in the first Tour for a new one and this one works much better. The first one was completely out-to-lunch.

Anyhow, these are my obervations for what they are worth. I have hope the v5.0 for the OS will fix some of this but I'm not counting on it.
    08-05-09 12:12 PM
    I use Bluetooth for DM 5 and have no such problems with sync'ing. Seems to work flawlessly - and I have a Bluetooth mouse connected as well, and other Bluetooth devices in the office that are running.
    I don't doubt your experience for one moment. My premise, right or wrong, is the BT on the Tour is marginal and not as robust as it is on the 8830. But, for all I know maybe I was lucky and got a good 8830!

I've had two Tours and the second one is clearly better than the first one with regard to BT performance based on my experience.

In addition to the BT devices mentioned I, too, am using wireless network connection (WiFi) and WiFi printer.
    Last edited by rap; 08-05-09 at 01:11 PM.
    08-05-09 01:06 PM
    Are you using Vista by chance? I can see my device on my computer bluetooth devices and in DM 5.0, but I cannot sync, nor will it connect when starting DM 5.0.
    08-19-09 05:25 PM
    I've noticed an issue or two with the BT as well, but I believe just about all current BB's use the same BT technology, so I'm assuming its an OS issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 05:28 PM
    Are you using Vista by chance? I can see my device on my computer bluetooth devices and in DM 5.0, but I cannot sync, nor will it connect when starting DM 5.0.
    I'm using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I've been using this same set up for about one year. Successfully with the 8830, less with the 9630.
    08-21-09 08:12 AM
    [QUOTE=Dr.Sadistic;3381767]I've noticed an issue or two with the BT as well, but I believe just about all current BB's use the same BT technology, so I'm assuming its an OS issue.

I'm sure the technology is the same, but I'm quite sure the implementation is not the same.

In any case, I hope your referring to the device OS as the potential culprit as this is the hope I'm holding out!
    08-21-09 08:14 AM
    I am running vista HP 64bit with both a wifi g and wifi n networks running and don't have any issues connecting to DM or using DUN. Using it with my T505 is a different story however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 09:10 AM
    I cant even connect to DM 5.0 with BT. I go to to options and the BT area is all grayed out. I have checked and searched the forums, nothing has helped.
    08-21-09 10:02 AM
    No issues whatsoever with XP (32 bit), either tethering with DUN (which has been awesome speed wise) or connecting to DM.
    08-21-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD