With everyone's help and then some I successfully updated to .151 - no easy feat for someone as technically illiterate as I although somehow it seems so easy now?! Anyways I just got a notice that there is an update ready for my Blackberry Desktop Software - I do not think this has anything to do with the OS but to make sure I want to ask the question........Will doing this or any other update screw up "beta" stuff like .151 (I know it is official) but just making sure I can do it without a problem resulting.

Update says v4.7
    07-16-09 03:29 PM
    With everyone's help and then some I successfully updated to .151 - no easy feat for someone as technically illiterate as I although somehow it seems so easy now?! Anyways I just got a notice that there is an update ready for my Blackberry Desktop Software - I do not think this has anything to do with the OS but to make sure I want to ask the question........Will doing this or any other update screw up "beta" stuff like .151 (I know it is official) but just making sure I can do it without a problem resulting.

Update says v4.7
    No it is fine it is only a DM update and it works with 151
    07-16-09 03:33 PM
    Thanks!

I noticed that you mentioned "Sure-Type" in one of the other threads. Is sure type a good way to go for certain tasks that require typing instead of the full keyboard and if it is can one learn it through the Wizard - The double letters are kinda weird as I am always trying to back space and it seemed too difficult but I am sure I am just not undertstanding the way it is meant to work otherwise I am sure it woudl not be an option
    07-16-09 03:42 PM
    SureType will guess the words as you type them. I personally prefer it over portrait qwerty. Just type like you would normally on a full keyboard, for example, if you're trying to type "hello". Press the 'gh' key once, then the 'er' key once, 'L', 'L', and finally the 'op' key once. Once ya get two or three characters into it, a list will pop up with possible words that you can choose.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 03:57 PM
    Thanks!

I noticed that you mentioned "Sure-Type" in one of the other threads. Is sure type a good way to go for certain tasks that require typing instead of the full keyboard and if it is can one learn it through the Wizard - The double letters are kinda weird as I am always trying to back space and it seemed too difficult but I am sure I am just not undertstanding the way it is meant to work otherwise I am sure it woudl not be an option
    Craterz pretty much cover it, the best way to get used to it. Is not to look at the screen as you type. Rather just look at the keypad and wait for that menu to pop up.
    07-16-09 04:03 PM
    Also as you type more and used certain words, the autotext feature will learn the words that you type the most.
    07-16-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD