Whenever I turn my computer on my blackberry desktop manager automatically opens and slows everything down. Does anyone know how to stop it from automatically starting? Thanks.
    11-03-09 08:30 AM
    Thank you!
    11-03-09 08:39 AM
    Don't that sucker slow up your boot? It got much worse with the release of DM 5.0
    11-03-09 08:45 AM
    Most updates will put it back into the Startup folder. You may have to delete it again after future Desktop Manager updates.

jrohland
    when you do updates.. it gives you the option to have it open on start up... just unclick it and you don't have that problem
    11-03-09 10:01 AM
    Thank god I ran across this post. I hate waiting 3-5 minutes for that darn thing to load each time. I was too lazy to ask how to change the setting and gave up! lol
    11-03-09 10:12 AM
    I could not remember if there is an "official" way to stop the load on startup. Removing it from Startup will work fine and does not cause any problems. However there may be a check box somewhere to stop the auto-load. I don't have a computer with DM installed where I am right now to check on that.

jrohland

Start>Run and type "msconfig". Disable (rather, deselect the checkbox) off the Startup tab for the Desktop Manager.
    11-03-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD