Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    35,359 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by AlexxRed View Post
    cheers im having some problems with that do when ever i try to update to os6 on the 4.6 software i get a "Fatal error has occured while updating your devices software" message i have the bold 9700 is there a way to work around this
    I haven't used DM to upgrade/downgrade in years. Much bettter to cut out the middle man, and go directly to the source. Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->loader.exe

Edit - It does require that you download the OS and install it on your PC first, but you don't even need DM installed to load the OS, or save your backups. You would however need DM to restore a backup if the upgrade fails, and I certainly wouldn't recommend leaving DM off your system. You can even make a backup of your 3rd party apps. After loader creates it's backup, and while it's still installing the OS, search your hard drive for your pin number. You'll find a temp folder named your pin. Make a copy, and paste it somewhere you can find it, for safe keeping. I make one most every upgrade, and rename it adding the date. I made a folder in My Documents named "3rd Party Apps", and put them there. (Yeah, I know, I'm so creative with titles :rolleyes)
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

cheers ill give that a go
    CrackBerry User

I can't get the Files feature touted in the release notes to work properly.

I connect my Bold 9700 running 5.0.0.534 and then go to the Files section. I see all the files on my 8GB MicroSD card. When I drag a file from DM to Explorer, it sort of looks like it copies it, but the file never ends up on the PC. Similarly, when I drag from Explorer to DM, it looks like it tries to copy the file but it doesn't end up on the BlackBerry.

I have tried this on two different PCs running Windows 7 64-bit.

Has anyone gotten this feature to work? I wonder why it is not working for me...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts

I can't even get it to recognize my 9780 or PlayBook now ??!!

And no there is nothing wrong with my USB cable.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,979 Global Posts
    PIN
    --- Inconceivable!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    4.6 is still my favorite, and can be downloaded here.
    I have stuck with 5.0.

Question, will older versions somehow be able to work with the 9930, or will one have to upgrade DM to work with it?
    CrackBerry Addict

I´ve had no issues with this version of DM. Downloaded, installed over old version and it works fine.

I do not synch media files, just Calendar, Tasks, Memos and Contacts with Outlook 2010. I copy media files manually.

I do regular backups and that works fine too.

Only issue that is still present since the launch of DM 6 is that it takes nearly a minute for DM to detect the connected BB device and start the synch... This happens with my Office, Home and Notebook computers.. so I guess it must be DM.

I use a Bold 9700 and a Torch 9800.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,399 Global Posts

Mine takes forever to open on my laptop. All previous version as well.

Good Luck

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    6,399 Global Posts

Default Sycing to Outlook: Disk is Full

FYI:

Recently I had a problem syncing with Outlook via USB and BT.
    The message said my disk was full.
    Well I had pleanty of disk space.
    Long story short after trying lots of stuff, I finally deleted DM and reinstalled DM and all is well.

Good Luck

iPhone 4S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12