I hope someone can help me with my problem...I'm SO frustrated I'm beside myself. On my husband's new Blackberry 8130 Pearl, he went into >Options, >Advanced Options, >Calendar Default and changed the default from Yahoo to his account in Outlook. Right after he did that, he started getting all sorts of duplicate entries in his BB calendar.

I searched the forums for a solution and found 2 different recommendations and I tried both. The first thing I did was delete the CICAL file for all of his email accounts except the one attached to his calendar in Outlook. He continued to get duplicate calendar entries.

The next step I tried was going into the Blackberry Desktop Manager under the Backup & Restore tab, >Advanced, then I cleared the Calendar - All file on the right-hand box.

Now, when I plug in his BB to sync, it completely skips syncing the calendar. It will sync his Address Book and Memo Pad, but not the Calendar. Not knowing what else to do, I completely deleted the Blackberry Desktop Manager from his laptop, then re-installed it. No change. It still syncs everything but the calendar.

HELP!! Any suggestions out there? This is driving me (and him) nuts! Thanks in advance...
    03-07-08 11:36 PM
    wished i had an answer for you and for me. I have the same problem, i have done all you have done on three seperate occasions. I deleted the CICAL as well and that seemed to be helpful to not get the random repeated events. But now after adding more reoccuring appts using both BB calendar as well as Google calendar, I now only get about 1 month of my appts, the rest just dont show up on my BB. It is really frustrating, I am trying using the google calander and outlook calander and have the sync eachother back and forth which is a new feature from google. Anyway I am finding that until the bugs are fixed I cannot rely on the bb calendar, it does not keep accurate information.
    03-08-08 12:34 AM
    goto synchronize, configuration tab and make sure is selected to sync and set to outlook if not as can be pulling from yahoo and outlook causing duplicate entries
    03-08-08 12:42 AM
    goto synchronize, configuration tab and make sure is selected to sync and set to outlook if not as can be pulling from yahoo and outlook causing duplicate entries
    Thank you for the suggestion, jcj1, but I did that the first time I even installed the software as well as the re-install. No luck. When I plug in the BB to sync, it doesn't even acknowledge the calendar...it just goes through the MemoPad and Address Book - even though Calendar is checked and Outlook set as the default in the configuration section.
    03-08-08 09:41 AM
    It appears to be a known bug and hopefully fixed in OS 4.5. I had the same problems, had it working, changed the default and never got it working again. I went to google calendar and sync ota with my pearl now. Works great as long as you reenter fresh into google calendar, it won't synch items that came from outlook.

Gary
    03-08-08 12:11 PM
    I deleted the CICAL associated with my Outlook, Synced, and the calendar started syncing again!

Does anyone know why we need any of the CICAL's? I'm using BIS and 10 email accounts 9 IMAP and 1 POP3.
    Last edited by steeps; 06-19-08 at 02:52 PM.
    06-19-08 02:27 PM
    YOU're the man!!!

DELETING THE CICAL WORKED PERFECT!!
    06-20-08 02:13 PM
    for whatever reason i deleted the cical service books but still skips syncing completely of the calendar. AHHHH help
    07-02-08 12:13 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

Calendar (CICAL) should have an email address assigned to it. The symtpoms of not having one would be DM completely skipping the Calendar during sync even though you have it configured to sync the Calendar.

hth,

e.n.
    07-02-08 07:36 PM
    Thanks el novato, your infomration has lead me to to the resolution of one of my problems. I was getting duplicate calendar entries for outlook meetings but under a different email address. It was the email address defined in the Options > Advanced Options > Default Services. I've changed it to the same addy as my outlook account. Hey presto! no more dupes.
    08-21-08 11:49 PM
    I downloaded the newest version from RIM but no luck. How do I delete the CICAL file? Is there anything else I can do to sync the calendar?
    09-08-08 07:23 PM
    I just started having issues too. I have always been able to sync with outlook. I recently upgraded to 4.5 and now it won't sync to outlook. I have a newer version of outlook, so I don't think that should be an issue. Not sure what to do now. I've tried the CICAL thing, no luck.
    09-12-08 07:11 AM
    I'm having this same issue, it was fine til like yesterday then all of a sudden it wouldn't sync and at one point deleted all my events on my outlook Calendar! Luckily they're still on my device! But what the heck happened!? How do I get it to sync all the events back, I hate having to add them separately
    09-12-08 09:45 AM
    This just happened to me, and thanks to the threads on this email I figured out what had gone wrong.

I had just upgraded my Facebook App, and it installed a new CICAL service book for Facebook.

This wasn't the root cause of the problem however. What it appears to have done is also change the default CICAL from my email to the FACEBOOK one. I changed it back, and now it works just fine.

Options -> Advanced -> Default Services

Hope this helps someone else..

Cheers,
    Dan
    04-27-09 11:52 AM
    Yep... it was Facebook that got me. Thanks!
    04-27-09 01:27 PM
    Yes, same (frustrating) thing happened to me! Thank you, Dan!

grumble grumble @ Facebook!
    04-27-09 09:52 PM
    I had the same problem on my Storm.
    GREAT Dan!!!
    Thank you for your help!!
    04-28-09 07:56 AM
    i switched from a "Q" to Curve a few weeks ago. had the same issue with the new facbook app. thanks for the help.
    04-28-09 09:47 AM
    facebook was my problem, too...

thanks
    04-28-09 10:24 AM
    I had the same issue; changed it to my email addy and all was good!! If you have more than one you should try changing it to all and synching till you find the sweet spot!
    05-07-09 06:12 PM
    Same here Facebook got me, could have missed an important meeting if I wasn't watching..
    05-14-09 11:03 AM
    I downloaded the FaceBook app onto my storm and it unknowen to me instaled a CICAL Service Book which caused my calendar to stop syncing I have been working on it for two days until I found this thread once deleted it synced fine!!!! Thank God!!!
    05-14-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD